aberdeen-music

The Gloria Flaw, M.I.N.E + support at The Moorings, THIS SAT (5th June)

KevinTGF

The Gloria Flaw, M.I.N.E, Turning13 at The Moorings, THIS SAT (5th June)

The Gloria Flaw

M.I.N.E (who i've been told are similiar to Metallica)

Turning13

The Moorings bar, Aberdeen

Saturday 5th June (this sat!!!)

Doors 8pm, 3 entry

14+

We have tickets if anyone is after one. Please come along if you can!

Cheers

:band:

Guest highroller

well jeff...mark nicol called me and asked if mmw or quik could do it....

mmw cant and quik arent doing regular gigs so....give mark a call.

Wirelessly posted (MOT-T720/PM_G_05.31.1CR MIB/2.0 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 UP.Link/5.1.1a)

It would b great if Turning 13 could play on Saturday!! It would make the bill so much stronger and it would be so much more fun. Definately give Mark a phone Jeff!

Wirelessly posted (MOT-T720/PM_G_05.31.1CR MIB/2.0 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 UP.Link/5.1.1a)

It would b great if Turning 13 could play on Saturday!! It would make the bill so much stronger and it would be so much more fun. Definately give Mark a phone Jeff!

Guest The Tourist
Originally posted by Ben Quik:

quik arent doing regular gigs so.

Why not?

I don't think i've seen you play since Bandwidth... And that was ages ago. I remember I used to go out to Lava almost every Friday night to see Quik, ah those were the days...

Last Night

I thought all 3 bands were of the highest quality. MINE have played the bar 2 or 3 times before but this was the first time I've seen the new line up.

Turning 13 were first class the vocal was awesome and they gave a really energetic performance. I probably achieved my best sound of the night here.

I really enjoyed TGF, their songs were great, and one in particular had beautifuol harmonies.

Mistakes wise I made a couple of oops to which I will now confess. We were running 3 vocal channels last night, but the previous Sunday we had the AKA The Fox in with the drum machine and I'd borrowed the centre vocal channel for that purpose. Unfortunately I'd also assigned it to the drums master bus, therefore it's level was linked to the drums and it was running some drums EQ. I fixed the for TGF during the sound check, but had already checked MINE and saved their settings prior to this fix. When MINE came on stage they switched to the centre mic for lead vocal and were into their second song before I twigged why the vocal was so quiet and picking up so much kick drum bleed. Sorry MINE!

Apart from that I was very happy with how things went.

I'd really like to see TGF and Turning 13 back at the bar for another gig.

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

it was a good gig last night, soundcheck was actually better, because i was shoved right at the back for the actual gig! turning 13 were awesome, ace vocals and the sound was just right. i didn't really enjoy mine that much, but i just don't think i was in the mood for their music, they seemed pretty good though. the gloria flaw were ace, as expected! :up: i think i had a bit too much to drink though...having a gig in a bar with cheap drinkage=disaster!

it was a good gig last night' date=' soundcheck was actually better, because i was shoved right at the back for the actual gig! turning 13 were awesome, ace vocals and the sound was just right. i didn't really enjoy mine that much, but i just don't think i was in the mood for their music, they seemed pretty good though. the gloria flaw were ace, as expected! :up: i think i had a bit too much to drink though...having a gig in a bar with cheap drinkage=disaster![/quote']

i was also loving cheap drink

was a magic gig

i made friends with an old grrr person...

the singer from MINE was hot hot hot

I would've went but I had other priorities which meant i had no money for the gig. Quite annoyed as wanted to see turning 13 and gloria flaw. I shall see Turning 13 later on with Mercury Tiltswitch and Gloria Flaw with fickle Public and 10ew so its all good:)