aberdeen-music

We Shall Be Blessed...

unbroken

There is no pretend and I don't care about getting rep for this. Ben screaming is shit and he seems to think he's God's gift to music, underage emo girls and the world. That arrogance annoys me.

Well I'm sure you can base your opinions on him due to all those times you've been in the same room as him, rather than what you've read on the internet or heard someone else say.

Ever occurred to you that it isn't his own vocal ability that fuels his ego, but the fact that people like you who he doesn't even know exist go out of your way to care about what he does?

Well done, do you want a cookie or a balloon.

A cookie please. I'll give it to ben next time I see him. (I hear he's addicted to them)

Well I'm sure you can base your opinions on him due to all those times you've been in the same room as him, rather than what you've read on the internet or heard someone else say.

Ever occurred to you that it isn't his own vocal ability that fuels his ego, but the fact that people like you who he doesn't even know exist go out of your way to care about what he does?

I've been to 3 My Minds Weapon gigs so I'll base my opinions of his performance on that thanks.

His 'banter' with the crowd is what made him seem like a cock and the opinions he has expressed on this forum. So how that's other people telling me Im not sure. Also what about stories from people who like him? Are they ok to judge him on.

I'm also unsure of how reading threads on a forum I read anyway is going out of my way.

A cookie please. I'll give it to ben next time I see him. (I hear he's addicted to them)

You shouldn't feed the monster.

I've been to 3 My Minds Weapon gigs so I'll base my opinions of his performance on that thanks.

His 'banter' with the crowd is what made him seem like a cock and the opinions he has expressed on this forum. So how that's other people telling me Im not sure. Also what about stories from people who like him? Are they ok to judge him on.

I'm also unsure of how reading threads on a forum I read anyway is going out of my way.

You shouldn't feed the monster.

That's just a show though. It's far more interesting to see someone be a little more cocky and attempt a bit of performance than mumbling boringly into a mic between songs. I just think judging someone based on internet remarks and what they say fronting a band is a little naive...

As you fancy being involved in all this, lets make it about you for a moment;

On a thread that doesn't remotely concern you, you take a pop at one of my bandmates who doesn't even know you in the slightest. It's not like he can even respond... we all know Ben has a life ban here (can anyone even remember what for!?) and is abysmal at disguising himself when he crops up for 3 or 4 posts every year or so.

At face value, that makes you a cunt. I'm sure however, you're actually a lovely chap and I'd more than likely get on well with you. But you being a prick towards a member of my band on the internet is my first perception of you, and as that is all I have to judge you on, I'm gonna assume that you must be a bell-end. Sound familiar?

Of course, I say that last bit genuinely in jest as I realise that this is all just internet banter - which ultimately, this place is completely lacking in these days. Hence why I bothered to even get involved in this in the first place...

I say bring back Ben - the people that think he's a cock would want that more than the people who like him I'd imagine. (I think his crimes were of horrific proportions so I fail to believe he will ever be allowed to return. He knew the deal; RULES ARE RULES, and they must be obeyed)

That's just a show though. It's far more interesting to see someone be a little more cocky and attempt a bit of performance than mumbling boringly into a mic between songs. I just think judging someone based on internet remarks and what they say fronting a band is a little naive...

As you fancy being involved in all this, lets make it about you for a moment;

On a thread that doesn't remotely concern you, you take a pop at one of my bandmates who doesn't even know you in the slightest. It's not like he can even respond... we all know Ben has a life ban here (can anyone even remember what for!?) and is abysmal at disguising himself when he crops up for 3 or 4 posts every year or so.

At face value, that makes you a cunt. I'm sure however, you're actually a lovely chap and I'd more than likely get on well with you. But you being a prick towards a member of my band on the internet is my first perception of you, and as that is all I have to judge you on, I'm gonna assume that you must be a bell-end. Sound familiar?

Of course, I say that last bit genuinely in jest as I realise that this is all just internet banter - which ultimately, this place is completely lacking in these days. Hence why I bothered to even get involved in this in the first place...

I say bring back Ben - the people that think he's a cock would want that more than the people who like him I'd imagine. (I think his crimes were of horrific proportions so I fail to believe he will ever be allowed to return. He knew the deal; RULES ARE RULES, and they must be obeyed)

If you bring back Ben, you may as well get Rune back as well.

Just a quick one; this thread is great, and Maxi did not come up with the term "steaky" (or "stakey"). He will fully admit to this if and when questioned.

I assume it was you then Bobby?

Either way, it's a pretty funny adjective to describe a vocal style - and I'm aware it's meant as an insult. But I don't actually get it... feel free to explain what it means so I can at least chuckle or, naturally, retaliate appropriately... ;)

Yep, never going to happen. Unfortunately, his constant attempts to post on this web site would seem to suggest he is unable to grasp this basic state of affairs. I also wouldn't have thought that it is in MMW's best interests to have such petty squabbling so easily found on the Internet but hey, what do I care.

Anyway, the title of this thread is "We Shall Be Blessed...". So can we return to that topic please gentlemen...

I also wouldn't have thought that it is in MMW's best interests to have such petty squabbling so easily found on the Internet but hey.

You'd think so, eh? But I have heard that old chestnut every now and again for the last 5 years and so far it has meant diddly squat.

I'm yet to read a single live/album review saying; "I would have really liked MMW, but I did a quick google search and it appears that one and a half of their members act like petty argumentative bell-ends on a local internet forum".

what do I care.

By the tone of your post, quite a lot.

Anyway, the title of this thread is "We Shall Be Blessed...". So can we return to that topic please gentlemen...

I'm pretty sure that avenue died 6 pages ago when that cheeky wee scamp Rod Thunder brought up MMW, Neil...

So if you are adamant that the only thing discussed in this thread is We Shall You Be Blessed, you should probably close it now.

However, that would merely highlight how ridiculously biased and petty (irony there, what with that being a favourite expression) mods can be on "certain subjects" as this thread has done very little worse than going slightly off topic with a sprinkling of mild heated discussion, which has now all but fizzled out.

I don't know if talking-back-to-a-mod is against forum policy these days, but just in case it is, I'll PM myself with a warning to save you the effort.

PM from Dan Atom

Dan Atom,

You have broken rule one billion and fifty six of the forum guidelines. Further misconduct will result in your membership being terminated indefinitely for all eternity and possibly even longer.

Consider this your final warning.

Dan Atom

*considers smilies....*

Oh what the hell, they're basically get out of jail free cards:

:D / ;) / :popcorn:

very true unfortunately.

It's lucky Ben is banned - he'd probably just reply with "you're a pathetic drug dealer/your band has done nothing/you could only dream of getting my sloppy seconds... etc".

Thankfully though, he is banned so he can't respond to any of your late in the day pot-stirring.

you say that.

at the end of the day it's all just personal opinion, so think we can just agree to disagree on this one.

however I would say that I don't think ben's vocals fall under a "cookie monster style". Now, whatever style they do fall under you're welcome to not like them. But to characterise and judge them incorrectly is just annoying really. (not aimed at Milner, who posted most recently)

at the end of the day it's all just personal opinion, so think we can just agree to disagree on this one.

It's lucky Ben is banned - he'd probably just reply with "you're a pathetic drug dealer/your band has done nothing/you could only dream of getting my sloppy seconds... etc".

Thankfully though, he is banned so he can't respond to any of your late in the day pot-stirring.

or not.

:laughing:

While I don't agree with what you say I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Personally I disagree, I just don't see it. Granted I admit it has been a few years since I heard the cookie monster speak and maybe he has a new voice actor these days? Who knows, but from my memory Ben's vocals sound nothing like the cookie monster. At all.

While I don't agree with what you say I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Personally I disagree, I just don't see it. Granted I admit it has been a few years since I heard the cookie monster speak and maybe he has a new voice actor these days? Who knows, but from my memory Ben's vocals sound nothing like the cookie monster. At all.

There's the post on the last page with videos of the cookie monstyer and Lucky Like Kokoura. And they sound a bit similar.