aberdeen-music

Gig in Glasgow

FatHand

Ghost of Bongo have a gig this Friday 22nd in The Box. I hear it's a funky wee venue and free to get in. We will be on at 9pm.

If you haven't a clue what kind of music to expect, we will be mainly funky and actually a little heavier and darker in places than in the past.

Well anyway, it's free and if you are looking for some free live music in Glasgow on Friday night why not give it a shot.

MySpace.com - Ghost of Bongo - Aberdeen - Edinburgh - Glasgow, UK - Experimental / Funk / Rock - www.myspace.com/ghostofbongo Be sure to have a listen to our back catalogue of tunes (well some of the ones we recorded) which is located just under the world on the left hand side. :up:

BOX Glasgow - Alternative/Rock/Indie - 431 Sauchiehall Street - Free Entry - Open til 3am Every Night I will report back on the goodness of this venue when I return.

Ghost of Bongo have a gig this Friday 22nd in The Box. I hear it's a funky wee venue and free to get in. We will be on at 9pm.

If you haven't a clue what kind of music to expect, we will be mainly funky and actually a little heavier and darker in places than in the past.

Well anyway, it's free and if you are looking for some free live music in Glasgow on Friday night why not give it a shot.

MySpace.com - Ghost of Bongo - Aberdeen - Edinburgh - Glasgow, UK - Experimental / Funk / Rock - www.myspace.com/ghostofbongo Be sure to have a listen to our back catalogue of tunes (well some of the ones we recorded) which is located just under the world on the left hand side. :up:

BOX Glasgow - Alternative/Rock/Indie - 431 Sauchiehall Street - Free Entry - Open til 3am Every Night I will report back on the goodness of this venue when I return.

Box is a waste of time.

Hm, I hope no one saw what I originally posted because I had my venues confused. Anyway, Box isn't a bad venue at all. Really enjoyed the last gig I saw there.

Fancy enjoying another one? On at 9 and you would only have to suffer 30-40 minutes(depending on what we are allowed) ;)

Good luck folks...

We are down there in Oct so let us know what its like.

Thanks! I will give a full venue report on Monday.

Oh I meant to mention that we are playing with a band called Daedalian, rate them very highly based on their performance in the moorings a few months ago. Amazing harmonising. Check them out:

MySpace.com - Daedalian - Glasgow, UK - Alternative / Grunge / Rock - www.myspace.com/daedalian

Fancy enjoying another one? On at 9 and you would only have to suffer 30-40 minutes(depending on what we are allowed) ;)

I'll certainly see what I can do, although I'm rapidly heading towards minus figures with the bank. Mind, I don't see why I should have a conscience about spending their money when they're quick enough to take mine...

I noticed on Box's website they do webcasts as well. Are you being webcasted? Just in case anyone else here is wanting a look as well.

I'll certainly see what I can do, although I'm rapidly heading towards minus figures with the bank. Mind, I don't see why I should have a conscience about spending their money when they're quick enough to take mine...

I noticed on Box's website they do webcasts as well. Are you being webcasted? Just in case anyone else here is wanting a look as well.

Not sure, arranged this ages ago in the moorings when we were slightly *cough* pissed so don't really know any details about the night. I will try and find out tomorrow and post before I leave Aberdeen... although I could use the WAP facility - moderators, is that read only or can I post on the move should I find out later?

First wap reply... I believe that could be quite sad! Just listening to the house band do a kick ass version of Jonny be good. Incidentally this could be a good way of instant gig reviews. Anyway, they do webcast of gigs here so if you want to watch then hit The Box web page and follow links. Phone web is too shit for me to check. Enjoy the show if you watch.