aberdeen-music

So... Headphones

Bluetooth headphones are abysmal. They lack the punch and clarity of the wired option. As of right now i'm not aware of any bluetooth (or wireless for that matter) noise cancelling headphones. It's a bit of a logistic and mechanical nightmare having a wireless/bluetooth set-up with that option as you would effectively need two power sources or a wired battery pack and a reciever and microphone array. They would probably be the size of sheds as well and very heavy.

Bluetooth headphones are abysmal. They lack the punch and clarity of the wired option. As of right now i'm not aware of any bluetooth (or wireless for that matter) noise cancelling headphones. It's a bit of a logistic and mechanical nightmare having a wireless/bluetooth set-up with that option as you would effectively need two power sources or a wired battery pack and a reciever and microphone array. They would probably be the size of sheds as well and very heavy.

Excellent. Thank you very much! I shall stick with wired noise-cancelling headphones. Do you have any recommendations?

I would say on-ear. I'm not a massive fan of in-ear 'phones. Maybe around-ear would be less annoying?

On ear are better for travelling (the only thing Noise Cancelling is useful for).

We carry two pairs in stock:

Sennheiser PXC150 which retails for 84 and the Sony MDRNC6 which retail for 59.

The Sennheiser pair are better for build quality and they are also more effective at Noise Cancelling.

If you are interested in either let me know as i can probably do something with the price ;)

Those are good, but not noise-cancelling (though they will cut out some background noise because of their design). That is a cracking price as well.

a lot of background noise.

I could use them for monitoring when live bands were on. They were great.

and for 18....thats a bloody bargain.

a lot of background noise.

I could use them for monitoring when live bands were on. They were great.

and for 18....thats a bloody bargain.

Noise-cancelling doesn't work in that sort of environment though. You would be alright with an industrial set of ear-covers with some inner-ear headphones in those circumstances as thats pretty much what around ear is ;)

Travelling is the only real application that noise cancelling is good for anyway so if it isn't for that then those headphones would be fine. :up:

Ooooh oohhh, Phil, do you sell more headphones than you guys have on your website!? Theres only two pairs on there! I'd like some on ear ones.

And will noise cancelling ones not get me run over?

Hmmm probably easier to come in.

My rabbit (real rabbit, the fluffy sort) ate my headphones today. Little shit : [

We sell a lot more than are on the webshite.

Come in and see me and i'll attend to your headphone needs :)

mission failed phil! You weren't there and my tastes are too expensve!

I was after some Bose ones :( told to buy direct from them for some killer noise reduction ones.

Awww. Yeah the Bose Quiet Comforts are only available direct from Bose. We have the Bose On-Ears which are quite good at 119.

It all depends what you're looking to use them for as Noise cancellation is only useful in certain circumstances.

• 1 year later...

Way to dig up an old thread, but the fact is I have yet to buy any such headphones.

Have there been any super-technological advances in the last 12 months that renders any of the advice above useless?

Am I still looking at between 60 and 120 for decent noise-cancelling 'phones?

Many thanks and warmest wishes.

:up:

Way to dig up an old thread, but the fact is I have yet to buy any such headphones.

Have there been any super-technological advances in the last 12 months that renders any of the advice above useless?

Am I still looking at between 60 and 120 for decent noise-cancelling 'phones?

Many thanks and warmest wishes.

:up:

I'll hook you up much cheaper, if you dont mind waiting 6-8 weeks. Got a fuckload of Full Tilt points that I'll sell you...good Sennheiser bastards, I'll email you the link when tomorrow (uni network won't let me connect to Full Tilt). It'll only cost about 20p in the pound. My pair should arrive this week.

I'll hook you up much cheaper, if you dont mind waiting 6-8 weeks. Got a fuckload of Full Tilt points that I'll sell you...good Sennheiser bastards, I'll email you the link when tomorrow (uni network won't let me connect to Full Tilt). It'll only cost about 20p in the pound. My pair should arrive this week.

6-8 weeks works for me. :up: