aberdeen-music

Is the lemon tree actually open now?

They are severely taking the piss with their ticket prices:

21 for Hue and Cry

17 for Seth Lakeman

Are they stupid or something?

I did a quick search and Seth Lakeman tickets for other venues seem to be 16 (before booking fee etc) which is the same as the Lemon Tree so they're probably not stupid.

I did a quick search and Seth Lakeman tickets for other venues seem to be 16 (before booking fee etc) which is the same as the Lemon Tree so they're probably not stupid.

Bad Seth Lakeman then, grrr. I would probably have gone to that if it was reasonably priced. He was pretty good when i saw him at T in the Park '06.

Bad Seth Lakeman then, grrr. I would probably have gone to that if it was reasonably priced. He was pretty good when i saw him at T in the Park '06.

Since this tour seems to be 16 across the board I can only assume it's his agent that's set the price. I don't think you'll hear much people say "Bad agent, I told you I wanted to earn less money."

Anyway, 16 seems about right for the level of popularity he's enjoying at the moment. If it sells out then it probably is right, or too little.

You're smart enough to have some idea how much it costs to put on shows like this aren't you?

I know that, its more the fact that they were putting on these sort of things before and it wasn't getting folks through the doors in the numbers they needed and in today's monetary fog they are cutting their nose off to spite their face again. I personally think they need to look at some smaller things (with lower ticket prices) that would guarantee decent turnouts rather than solely concentrating on niche market stuff. Something's got to pay the bills hasn't it?

Since this tour seems to be 16 across the board I can only assume it's his agent that's set the price. I don't think you'll hear much people say "Bad agent, I told you I wanted to earn less money."

Anyway, 16 seems about right for the level of popularity he's enjoying at the moment. If it sells out then it probably is right, or too little.

Yeah, you're missing the point though. I'm sure i'm not the only person who was put off by high ticket prices at the Lemon Tree before. I know they don't necessarily choose them but they are chancing their luck hoping that gigs like that will sell out and pay for themselves.

Who knows. It's not like they went under before for tackling things the same way...oh wait a moment. o_O

Yeah, you're missing the point though. I'm sure i'm not the only person who was put off by high ticket prices at the Lemon Tree before. I know they don't necessarily choose them but they are chancing their luck hoping that gigs like that will sell out and pay for themselves.

Who knows. It's not like they went under before for tackling things the same way...oh wait a moment. o_O

How much of a risk are they taking though?

I'd imagine he's on a guarantee and door-split. Say he's 2000 plus 80% the LT would only need to sell 200 tickets at that price to cover the costs of the show and I'm sure Seth's agent wouldn't be setting the price at 16 if s/he didn't think it would sell-out, or be damn close to selling out.

How much of a risk are they taking though?

I'd imagine he's on a guarantee and door-split. Say he's 2000 plus 80% the LT would only need to sell 200 tickets at that price to cover the costs of the show and I'm sure Seth's agent wouldn't be setting the price at 16 if s/he didn't think it would sell-out, or be damn close to selling out.

I know what you're saying, but i still think its risky. Anyway, i just thought the two gigs that i wanted to go to were a bit pricey. I do understand why, i just wish they weren't.