aberdeen-music

The Wire - The best TV show ever?

Paranoid Android

After finishing Season 3 about 18 months ago, I’ve finally got hold of Season 4 through lovefilm. I think this wait has been a good thing. I got through seasons 1-3 in about 3 weeks and I didn’t want it to be over so I stopped for a while, which turned into bloody ages... I like to tease myself like that. I’m extremely excited about finishing it off in the next wee while as its just great. But seriously, it must be a testament to the programme’s quality, the fact that i starved myself of it for a year and a half because i didn’t want it to end. One good thing that has come of this wait is that I have forgotten the things I accidentally found out about that happens in seasons 4 and 5.

I’m a The Wire Camel. Best sentence of 2012.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Donnie Andrews, who played one of Omar's cohorts, and was one of the inspirations for Omar himself, has died:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-12-14/entertainment/bal-donnie-andrews-inspiration-for-omar-character-on-the-wire-dies-20121214_1_drug-dealers-drug-kingpin-donnie-andrews

Apparently married to Fran Boyd as well. So that's just a few months after her son (subject of The Corner, and also played a bit-part in the Wire as Brother Mouzone's bodyguard/gopher; http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-08-04/news/bal-mccullough-portrayed-in-the-corner-dies-of-apparent-overdose-20120803_1_apparent-overdose-drug-overdose-david-simon). :down:

Andrews, whose full name was Larry Donnell Andrews, had been around violence most of his life, physically abused by his mother and watching at age 10 from behind a washing machine as a man was bludgeoned to death for 15 cents. He grew up in the housing projects of West Baltimore, where he was mentored by hustlers and drug dealers. He became a stick-up artist, robbing other drug dealers with a .44 Magnum.

fuck.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...