aberdeen-music

The Wire - The best TV show ever?

Paranoid Android

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone newbies to this been watching it on BBC2 then? What's everone's thoughts?

Personally i'm finding it really slow and hard to watch but i'm hoping thats just the story building. At the moment there just doesn't seem to be much happening at all, just the cops trying to get a read on whats going on, i'm hoping something kicks off soon.

Also fairly bewilderred by the amount of characters to get used to. Hopefully it'll all click eventually, going to persist with it anyway.

Highlight so far has been the fourth episode when McNulty and Moreland went back and re-analysed one of their old crime scenes and just spoke 'fucks' in increasing bewilderment as they put together what really happened. Genius.:up:

Anyone newbies to this been watching it on BBC2 then? What's everone's thoughts?

Personally i'm finding it really slow and hard to watch but i'm hoping thats just the story building. At the moment there just doesn't seem to be much happening at all, just the cops trying to get a read on whats going on, i'm hoping something kicks off soon.

Also fairly bewilderred by the amount of characters to get used to. Hopefully it'll all click eventually, going to persist with it anyway.

Highlight so far has been the fourth episode when McNulty and Moreland went back and re-analysed one of their old crime scenes and just spoke 'fucks' in increasing bewilderment as they put together what really happened. Genius.:up:

Exactly how i'm feeling about it just now. Will definitely stick with it though :up:

Absolutely love it. I got it on DVD after folk at work banging on about how good it was. Flew through Season 1, bought Season 2, flew through that etc. etc.

It's just absolutely brilliant, especially when you get to the end and see how everything connects. It's hard to pick out a favourite 'thing' or 'episode' when the whole thing is just brilliant, but the story arc for Bubble's character is definitely one of them.

I thought Bubble's story was the best thing about Season 5.

Just read back through the thread...

-If Jan is talking about the bit at the end of Season 4 that I think he is, then I was pretty shocked by it too.

- Parts of Season 3 (my favourite season) were pure genius, and the rest were just such high quality that it's going to take me a while to find a tv show that impresses me as much. I may be giving The Sopranos a shot once I've watched The Corner.

- Read Generation Kill and loved it, bought the DVD and really enjoyed it...first episode takes a while to get going, but that's sort of the point isn't it? After that it really picks up.

-If Jan is talking about the bit at the end of Season 4 that I think he is, then I was pretty shocked by it too.

I just didn't see it coming at all, and it was one hell of a way to end the season.

Now that Marie-Claire has finished the show, I am going to go back and watch it from the beginning again.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought The Corner on DVD...watched the first couple episodes and it is bizarre seeing several cast members from The Wire in roles which are pretty much the opposite of what they play in The Wire. Fantastic stuff though, and really recommended if you need a fix of something similar after running out of Wire episodes!

• 3 weeks later...