aberdeen-music

Dubstep

Le Stu

• 1 month later...
There are a few different kinds of dubstep, some of it has a straight four to the floor beat and is easier to dance to if you are white and therefore without rhythm.

I actually do a dubstep night every second thursday in Origin and play a lot of it at my Hush Hush night (also at origin every second Saturday)

Skream is not the only Dubstep artist we have in the pipeline btw.

I'm working on a Dubstep mix right now so i will post it in this thread when it is finished.

you fool.....?????? check my mate D1

Guest Giles Walker
comin straight oota Logie wie a nigger caad Sandy....lolz

I think the weirdo white folk who don't understand what is acceptable to say generally stick with 4x4/bassline.

Just saying.

• 2 months later...
My next question is how you dance to this???

My 'dubstep dance' is kind of just like a slow bop, along with the beat, with the occasional jazz-hands.

My friends have tried and tested this method of dance and feel it may catch on. It's very simple and obviously looks damn cool.

Benga and Skream are ones I'd recommend, purely because they're the only two I've listened to more than once.

My 'dubstep dance' is kind of just like a slow bop, along with the beat, with the occasional jazz-hands.

My friends have tried and tested this method of dance and feel it may catch on. It's very simple and obviously looks damn cool.

Benga and Skream are ones I'd recommend, purely because they're the only two I've listened to more than once.

Ah, jazz hands... maybe even spirit fingers??

I can tell you that if I did that, I'd most definitely look like an arse. Not that I'm completely opposed to silly dancing to hilarious wobble tunes, but I just can't drink like that any more...

Guest Giles Walker

I can tell you that if I did that, I'd most definitely look like an arse. Not that I'm completely opposed to silly dancing to hilarious wobble tunes, but I just can't drink like that any more...

Well you should figure some kind of silly dance out because with the rate that Rusko and Caspa's popularity is going, you are probably gonna be dancing to them at some point soon.

They seem to be the pendulum of dubstep right now.

Spirit fingers could work. I dunno; the hands are pretty floaty. Inspiration taken from people on E at festivals; you know the ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

here we go, self promotion again....

heres a little dubstepy/garagey type mix i made this morning if anyone wants to check it out.

YouSendIt - Send large files - transfer delivery - FTP Replacement

1. Strudel Strut (Quantic Remix) - Romanowski

2. The Whistler (Claude Von Stroke Remix) - Diplo

3. Toe Jam ft Dizzee Rascal - The BPA

4. Bad - Kode 9 vs LD

5. Attitude - MJ Cole

6. Play Doe - Joker & Rustie

7. Dollar Sign ft $tush - Sticky

8. Disco Sirens (Boy 8-bit Remix) - Midfield General

9. Mary Jane ft Mapei & Dr Evil (Solid Groove Remix) - Major Lazer

10. Sirens - Debonair Samir

11. Suburbia - Martyn