aberdeen-music

The Creeping Nobodies

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Would anyone be at all interested in coming to see this band should they play Aberdeen? They were due to play DHC, but I am led to believe that Snafu is cutting out live bands on Thursday nights.

I quite like these guys, it's kind of off-kilter, unsettling experimental lo-fi rock, I guess. But they're relative nobodies and I already have two gigs in October so I'm not sure whether to risk it!

MySpace.com - The Creeping Nobodies - Toronto, CA - Alternative / Experimental / Punk - www.myspace.com/thecreepingnobodies

Nah, that rumour's completely false. We're not cutting out bands on Thursdays, we're just streamlining the amount we put on, to concentrate on continuing to build the club part of the night. There will still be live gigs on, maybe just a couple of times a month though.

Guest idol_wild
Nah, that rumour's completely false. We're not cutting out bands on Thursdays, we're just streamlining the amount we put on, to concentrate on continuing to build the club part of the night. There will still be live gigs on, maybe just a couple of times a month though.

I think that may be a good idea - sometimes the attendance is embarrassing. Then all the idiots and posers arrive about midnight, thus missing the live music. But that's where Snafu makes it's money.

I think DHC could be an institution if it invested more into booking more worthwhile and bigger bands and promoting them a bit more tenaciously. I guess the streamlining of live gigs is stage one of that :)

I think that may be a good idea - sometimes the attendance is embarrassing. Then all the idiots and posers arrive about midnight, thus missing the live music. But that's where Snafu makes it's money.

I think DHC could be an institution if it invested more into booking more worthwhile and bigger bands and promoting them a bit more tenaciously. I guess the streamlining of live gigs is stage one of that :)

Why are those turning up at midnight idiots? Because they miss the live music?

Yeah, that's the general idea. Another problem is that everyone times their arrival at the same time and this is causing door and bar problems, so we're working on ways to stagger people coming in. Thursday is the only night we have this problem on, there's never 200-250 people turning up at the same time on a Friday or Saturday.

this gig is back on.

i almost had to cancel for a couple of reasons but got back on track.

im not going into the band issue as gomes (wax ) has hit.nail.on.head.

id like more people to come down early but its hard and the mentality seems to be when people go out they dont want to spend the whole night in same place. theyll go somewhere before snafu but they wont spend whole night there or conversely theyll go to snafu early and then leave for exo/ drummonds etc.

phil - support for this? fancy it with the band?

oh and on that note , we have the following bands to look forward to in the next few months on various dates:

X VECTORS

TURBOWOLF

ISOSCELES

JACK BUTLER

THE SCOTTISH ENLIGHTENMENT

ENDOR

ZOEY VAN GOEY

WAKE THE PRESIDENT

DETROIT SOCIAL CLUB

FRANZ AND SHAPE (TBC)

LYONS

THE STEEPLES

BE A FAMILIAR

JESUS H FOXX

BROKEN FRIEND RECORDS V DHC NIGHT

THE A AND E LINE

FIGHT LIKE APES

DUMB INSTRUMENT

ELKS

LORD AUCH

JOCASTA SLEEPS

BLACK AFFAIR (TBC)

AND HEAPS MORE!....

if your a good local band who want to play supporting any of these get in touch.

good fair ticket deal and bonuses for bands who bring the numbers in.