aberdeen-music

Drummer looking for...erm...yep...drummers!!!

krisfoof1

Hello there...

I'm a drummer of 12+ years and i'm looking to form a drumming/percussion group with the intention of gigging asap! I'm looking for 2-3 drummers(Grade 5 or above preferably but no real age limitations - as long as you can hold a groove!) who, like myself, have a love for dynamic, rhythmic drumming with plenty of syncopation! To begin with, i'd like to keep it exclusively drums/percussion with a view to MAYBE incorporating e.g. a bassist, due to it's close relationship with drums. Rhythm is my 'ting'!!!

My main influences stem from Funk-originated beats, however i'm open to absolutely everything musically; very, very, very open-minded!!! Favourite drummers include Dave Weckl and Dennis Chambers but i'd have to say, top of the list would probably be Steve Gadd. This guy is a great 'space' drummer, proving that not every 'drumbeat' or 'fill' needs to be super-fast or super-technical to sound good!

I am a Grade 8 drummer, but due to lack of focused practice, i'm not as 'tight' as i'd like to be at the moment. Therefore, this project would go a long way to improving my, and your, playing! There's always something else to learn; always room for improvement!!!

Okay, enough spiel. If you like the sound of this, leave me a message and i'll get back as soon as I can!

Cheers :up:

Dennis Chambers is ace! Saw him a few weeks back with Santana. But from what ive heard hes very arrogant and he does the same bloody solo every time (the one with the double bass thingy) so hes kinda wron off on me now lol:-(

If you want to see a ace drummer check out Gavin Harrison from pocupine tree - his timming is out of this world. the song "the sound of Muzac" in 3/4 is funky as hell lol:-)

D

Hey man...cheers for the reply!

I checked out some porcupine tree and Gavin Harrison. Good stuff. I'm into some irregular time signature shizzle!!! Yeh, i've heard a few things about Chambers. Some good, some bad! You should check out some of the gigs he did with Parliament/Funkadelic. Proper good!

Cheers again - let us know if you're interested in the group!

• 2 weeks later...

if you fancy a jam with two rock/blues guitarists while looking for your drummers, let me know. We're both very experienced. AND if you happen to have a bassist friend/acquaintance that would help. We are putting a band together for gigging, so.... let me know, cheers, Graham