aberdeen-music

my pop music...

dorkusmalorkus

hello. i have finally created a myspace artist page with some of my tracks on; thought i might as well. just wondering what people think of them? it's indie/rock pop i spose so....

the singing is probably the most ropey thing but let me know what you think over all :)

MySpace.com - four - UK - Indie / Rock / Showtunes - www.myspace.com/fourdavy

cheels!

Guest idol_wild

Stay Eighteen is, for me, the obvious stand out track. I love the wee guitar hook, the arrangement, and the vocal melody works very well, although not brilliantly executed - but you conceeded that yourself.

Good work, I say.

Looking to get a band assembled or is this just a pastime?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice one man,they do sound like they are a compilation of recordings rather than an album.The vocals are a bit quiet and the guitars are a bit loud in my opinion,but the tracks are there! Keep up the good work.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the guitar sound but it's overpowering the vocal. You're not hitting the first note(s) in each line of the melody. There's no conviction. It takes away from a song that's already fairly weak.

I can't hear a vocal hook and if the guitar part is the hook it doesn't do enough in the chorus area to lift the song. I think you need to go away and think about hooks and how to work them into your songs.

thanks for the comments! I realise the singing is a little ropey; if i come up with a singing melody that is difficult i always practice to try and nail it but it's always the same - i want to get my songs recorded whilst they are there and as such my singing on the track is far worse than it will be months down the line!

next one is an instrumental though so :up:

I was convinced that the song doesn't have a chorus but i think i know which part you mean. And, finally, yes i am still very much a novice producer/mixer...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You seem like a nice guy but to my ears 'The Collector' sounds like Tommy Wiseau decided to try his hand at music. It has many of the elements you might expect to find in a song (performed with some competence) but arranged in such a way as to be song-like in only the most superficial of ways. It's not that it's simply bad; it's bizarre. It scans like a document Google has translated from English to Russian to Japanese... and back to English again. A messy curiosity.

• 2 weeks later...

okey dokey let's go again!

My new song is called Ellipsis and as ever can be heard here

Star Rover

and here,

Star Rover on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

It is an instrumental track and i collaborated with a chap who is behind 'Remote Scenes', his stuff is here

Remote Scenes - Yes Gemini on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Comments welcome!

Cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...