aberdeen-music

Oasis AECC

Ian_Brown

If anyone gets a presale link could they pm me or post it up and I'll do the same.

Also, I saw this on another forum and it could be a similar setlist:

'Rock 'N' Roll Star'

'Lyla'

'The Shock Of The Lightning'

'Cigarettes And Alcohol'

'The Meaning Of Soul'

'To Be Where There's Life'

'Waiting For The Rapture'

'The Masterplan'

'Songbird'

'Slide Away'

'Morning Glory'

'Ain't Got Nothin''

'The Importance of Being Idle'

'I'm Outta Time'

'Wonderwall'

'My Big Mouth'

'Supersonic'

'Don't Look Back In Anger' (acoustic)

'Falling Down'

'Champagne Supernova'

'I Am The Walrus'

That was their setlist at the gig they done the other night. No Live Forever . But Slide Away, My Big Mouth and Supersonic all made a return.

As for them live, I saw them at the AECC in 97 just before Be Here Now came out. I paid a fair bit to buy a ticket outside the gig (although I was lucky enough to buy from an altruistic fan who wanted it to go to a fan rather than the touts who were paying much more), but it was unquestionably the most boring gig I have ever been to. And I was still a huge fan at that point, although I guess that's maybe where the rot set in. I couldn't believe it when I read an interview afterwards where Noel said it was one of the best gigs they ever played. If that's the case, I'd hate to see them on an off night.

I too was at that gig and I thought they were terrible as well! o_O

Steep? It's effing vertical!

I doubt I'll be going to any dates on this tour. In my pregnant state, I'd end up hitting the first person I see hurl a beer through the air, and you can't enjoy a gig from the back of the venue. Besides, if that's the setlist, I can't say I'm that interested anyway.

Just got 4.

seetickets website is finally working. Although i'm still waiting the e-mail confirmation...

This is weird... I got 3 tickets for the Sunday via Tickmaster but really wanted 3 for the Saturday night - got these through SeeTickets.

Now I've got an email from Seetickets cancelling my order - which is a bit shit as I'd already promised the Sunday ones to someone & I've now told them I can't give them any.

Anyone else get problems with seetickets? It was a bit weird as it about 90 mins after they went on sale & they were still selling. Have I fucked up? Wrong CC number or something? Or have they fucked up?

This is weird... I got 3 tickets for the Sunday via Tickmaster but really wanted 3 for the Saturday night - got these through SeeTickets.

Now I've got an email from Seetickets cancelling my order - which is a bit shit as I'd already promised the Sunday ones to someone & I've now told them I can't give them any.

Anyone else get problems with seetickets? It was a bit weird as it about 90 mins after they went on sale & they were still selling. Have I fucked up? Wrong CC number or something? Or have they fucked up?

they just smelt a ticket tout...

But then again the Oasis debate could go on all day to be honest. No one can argue they had a huge influence on music over the past 10-15 years.

i would contest that... they came largely on the back of more influential indie bands

besides it's mainly the band themselves who preach this disturbingly incorrect statement - which i see soley based on record sales, largely to brainwashed heathens, easily targeted by the more savy media/marketing world in the 90s

the only influence i can see is an increase in cocaine consumption amongst the lower echelons of society who can't afford it but desire to live the pitiful dream

however i do hope the performance is enjoyable to all