aberdeen-music

Oasis AECC

Ian_Brown

probably not as quick as previous Oasis gigs. the last one was easily the worst i'd seen them to be honest (a lot of it was the sound of the AECC, but also Liam was shit and the crowd full of dickheads) might have a lot to do with how good their new single is which will be on radio soon...i have pretty low expectations to be honest.

I still think it will sell out pretty quickly, they still have a massive fan base, perhaps not the mass market appeal of 1996, but there are still plenty of Britpop loving bams out there who will love to go to the AECC so they can buy expensive beer and then throw it at somebody (why do people do that?)

I still think it will sell out pretty quickly, they still have a massive fan base, perhaps not the mass market appeal of 1996, but there are still plenty of Britpop loving bams out there who will love to go to the AECC so they can buy expensive beer and then throw it at somebody (why do people do that?)

You're quite a ray of sunshine aren't you ?

You're quite a ray of sunshine aren't you ?

Just telling it like it is. :)

For what it's worth, I used to be a huge Oasis fan when the first two albums came out. In fact Up in the Sky came on when I was walking round Sainsburys the other day and I was reminded how brilliant they once were.

But they lost it big time with Be Here Now, which I didn't even bother buying after hearing how poor the singles were. This was after previously buying all the singles and stuff to get the B-sides and rarities.

Since Be Here Now they've had a handful of good singles, but really they are a shadow of what they were when Definitely Maybe came out. What's the Story, like many hugely successful albums, suffers from over familiarity, but will no doubt be subject to a re-evaluation within the next ten years.

As for them live, I saw them at the AECC in 97 just before Be Here Now came out. I paid a fair bit to buy a ticket outside the gig (although I was lucky enough to buy from an altruistic fan who wanted it to go to a fan rather than the touts who were paying much more), but it was unquestionably the most boring gig I have ever been to. And I was still a huge fan at that point, although I guess that's maybe where the rot set in. I couldn't believe it when I read an interview afterwards where Noel said it was one of the best gigs they ever played. If that's the case, I'd hate to see them on an off night.

I saw them again a few years ago at the AECC, purely because I had free tickets. Again, a very, very boring, lifeless, uninspiring performance. And full of total bams, although that's the case at just about every gig in Aberdeen unfortunately.

I'm quite tempted to go along actually. Like Bigsby I was a big fan of the first two albums but I think they've been living off those albums ever since and their subsequent output has never came close to being as good, I'd even go as far as to call it total shite. However I saw them live at the Reading Festival in 2000 and they were amazing live, I'd quite like to see them again just out of curiosity, see if they can do it again or if that was a fluke.

I seen them in 2005 In Atlanta, GA at an Ampatheatre (sp?!?) and they were amazing and i honestly dont think i had ever seen them so good(seen them about 16/17 times). Zak Starkeys Drumming was amazing. Then i saw them in Dec the same year in AECC and even then - being a HUGE Oasis fan - thought they were shite, and Liam looked bored toward the end. I think there first two albums are amazing and to be honest like all of their stuff - but then again im just a britpop Bampot.

But then again the Oasis debate could go on all day to be honest. No one can argue they had a huge influence on music over the past 10-15 years.