aberdeen-music

diversity

Stripey

I believe neil said "new users" not "younger members", either way I would like to see what evidence neil bases that assertion on, presumably nobody signs up to a forum in order to NOT post.

I think I'm right in saying this and I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all members of staff have received e-mails and private messages from other members stating that they no longer feel comfortable posting and/or want their account deleted due to either the way you have replied to their posts previously or they fear what you may reply with if they start a new thread. Only just a couple of weeks ago I deleted a user's account on here by request. They explicitly stated that their reason for leaving was because how you behaved on the web site. I think if you search the forums you’ll even find some people who have stated the same thing publicly.

I'm afraid I’m going to have to ask you to enjoy your remaining time on this web site as I will be banning your account over the next few days. I think most of us would agree it is time for you to move onto pastures new. You've dealt out plenty of damage to this web site's reputation over the years and caused no end amount of grief to us as moderators and to our other members. This thread only helps highlight this fact to me again. I don't want to see this web site slowly wilt away under a hail of childish argument and slagging matches and so I'm going to do everything I can to try and reverse this trend. If that means I have to remove a few troublemakers then so be it.

That said, I think even you would have to agree that you spend an unhealthy amount of time on this web site. Hopefully you will use the time that is returned to you more constructively in the future.

That said, I think even you would have to agree that you spend an unhealthy amount of time on this web site

That's a fair point Neil - I've often wonderd why someone who seemingly holds his fellow site members and more significantly the mods like yourself in total disdain would spend so much of his valueable time in the "company" of us lesser mortals.

I also feel that his negative attitude towards yourself and the other moderators who take the good time and trouble to maintain the very site he spends so much time on is somewhat disgraceful.

• Upvote 1