aberdeen-music

Olympics

KimyReizeger

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did really well, the judges just weren't giving him any points. The Chinese guy was pretty good though, can't take any of his points away from him but it was harsh on Cook.

Funny to see Steve Lopez not make the final. Before the Olympics it seemed like the Americans thought they just had to turn up for all 3 Lopez's to get golds going by the press coverage. But still, 2 Bronzes and a Silver for 3 siblings is impressive.

He did really well, the judges just weren't giving him any points. The Chinese guy was pretty good though, can't take any of his points away from him but it was harsh on Cook.

A lot of the judging has been dreadfully biased towards the Chinese - whether the judges are bowing to the crowd or external pressures, I don't know. There's been a fair few cases that I've seen where I've been left thinking "eh..how?".

The impression I'm getting from talking to European friends is that there's a overwhelming feeling that the Chinese have cheated their way to success.

Anyone watch the BMX races? they were absolutely mental, every race had a decent crash of some sort. I'd ridiculed the inclusion beforehand, but it was absolutely brilliant :)

I watched the ladies event up to the final where Shenaze Deane clipped the wheel of the french girl in the lead position, and bailed on the last corner. After that, she just decided to lie face down for a bit. I don't blame her :(

Speaking of basketball. I see Team USA have finally decided playing the game like a team, instead a group of individual stars is a good idea. And it has been excellent to watch. Exciting on the fast break and a loooot of dunks.

Indeed it was one of their main problems in the past, court full of awesome players that played separately.

Hopefully LTU will manage to pick up bronze, but can't say for sure, there's big chance that Argentina will kick our ass :{ :down: