aberdeen-music

frightened rabbit

Ollie

"The Midnight Organ Flight - Best album of 2008"

"What the fuck did they add an extra guitarist for, grrrr"

"Steve Milne put them on to 4 men, 3 women, the homeless guy that always sits beside the bank on Belmont St, the 7 dwarfs, a guide dog, a parrot, 2 goldfish and Robocop before they got big you know"

"September 18th @ Moshulu"

• 2 months later...
err... FatCat Records : Releases ?

In other news; their supporting Death Cab in Edinburgh and Biffy at the SECC. Looks like they're going to get pretty huge me thinks.

Yeah, know they are on Fat Cat but would prefer to just get it from HMV if at all possible! In the NME they were saying that they are really popular in America but not so much here which semed a bit strange. Hopefully they are starting to take off more here now.

Yeah, know they are on Fat Cat but would prefer to just get it from HMV if at all possible! In the NME they were saying that they are really popular in America but not so much here which semed a bit strange. Hopefully they are starting to take off more here now.

Could you not just get HMV to order it in for you? I'd be surprised if it wasn't in the indie stores too.

Could you not just get HMV to order it in for you? I'd be surprised if it wasn't in the indie stores too.

I did try and pluck up the courage cos I always hate the thought of the shop assistant staring at you blankly! Stupid I know. I did order in Silver Jews' Tanglewood Numbers album so I know I can do it. When I'm next in HMV I'm just gonna go for it *deep breaths*.

Midnight Organ Fight is definitely in the running for album of 2008. Incredible songs and their effortless ability to sound Scottish without descending into trite/twee metaphor is very much welcome. I challenge anyone to resist dancing around your flat/house/under-stairs-cupboard singing the chorus to Head Rolls Off.

There is some stuff available on Daytrotter and you can try and import a copy of the live album which, for bizarre reasons, is out in America now, but doesn't appear here until next year.

I saw them at Moshulu in September, will be seeing them at Death Cab this Friday and will be catching them again in December...just to be sure... :D