aberdeen-music

Right...Metallica's new album "Death Magnetic"

Hog

So I take it as you haven't listened to all their albums to comment on their style changes? or lack of that.

Black album- Commercial hard rock/metal

Load- Bluesy hard rock

Reload- Bluesy hard rock with some metal

St Anger- Thrash meets Nu-metal

Death Magnetic- A mix of all the albums

So who hasn't listened to the albums?

Death Magnetic to me is absolutely amazing, i enjoyed it on first listen and its just getting better and better with every listen.

A mate commented on the length of the songs and to be honest i hadn't even noticed.

I also would put the new album above The Black Album in order of preference, nothing touches Master of Puppets thou.

On the live front i caught Metallica at the O2 over a week ago and the five new songs played off the new album fitted well alongside all the classics.

For those who care Feb/March was announced as when Metallica will be over here again.

Yes im a total Metallica fan but if somethings rubbish i would say, nobody respects your opinion if you just blindly follow the party line.:popcorn:

The arpeggio at 0.56 onwards sounds like the bastard creation of Martha & the Muffins and Blue Oyster Cult.

The song's OK 'til Hetfield's rank, toneless vocals kick in. That man should chuck it - he's a lousy singer.

Agreed. Pretty sure the intro has it's roots in the Beach Boys' - Wouldn't It Be Nice too.

I just got it today. Stuck it on in the car. I did expect it to be quite good, but it turns out it's the best thing since AJFA. It's a cracker of an album. 8 minute songs that never get boring. This is what should of been released instead of the Black album. Makes you want to drive fast, I love it so far.

As some people have said, finally Metallica are back

I just got it today. Stuck it on in the car. I did expect it to be quite good, but it turns out it's the best thing since AJFA. It's a cracker of an album. 8 minute songs that never get boring. This is what should of been released instead of the Black album. Makes you want to drive fast, I love it so far.

Well said

• 3 months later...

Just got it this week. I agree wholeheartedly with the above......except for the bits about driving cos I canna. Some of the lyrics are a bit dumb as I would expect but overall it sounds fucking awesome :up: