aberdeen-music

Right...Metallica's new album "Death Magnetic"

Hog

I must admit, what on earth was Rick Rubin thinking about when he clipped the fuck out of the production!?

I doubt that would have been Rubin. He didn't mix or engineer the album, only produced it.

Basically there is a "loudness war" going on at the moment. Albums are being compressed and limited to fuck so that they sound as loud as possible. Unfortunately it means that a lot of albums lack dynamics, and extreme cases (i.e. Death magnetic) the albums sound rubbish and clip all over the place.

I doubt that would have been Rubin. He didn't mix or engineer the album, only produced it.

Basically there is a "loudness war" going on at the moment. Albums are being compressed and limited to fuck so that they sound as loud as possible. Unfortunately it means that a lot of albums lack dynamics, and extreme cases (i.e. Death magnetic) the albums sound rubbish and clip all over the place.

Ah yes, I remember they did that with a Maiden album a wee while back. What a terrible trend. It especially doesn't do the guitars any justice *pardon the pun*

no pun here....I saw them on Joooolz....and I turned it over, it was fucking awful. (Perhaps they were nervous playing infront of Kings Of Leon?)... ho ho....fucking give it up, and stop defending them just because the "used to be good"... I gave up on them a long time ago. (and I was just listening to master of puppets the other day)....

no pun here....I saw them on Joooolz....and I turned it over, it was fucking awful. (Perhaps they were nervous playing infront of Kings Of Leon?)... ho ho....fucking give it up, and stop defending them just because the "used to be good"... I gave up on them a long time ago. (and I was just listening to master of puppets the other day)....

I saw them on Jools Holland too. Nae impressed. They did that "face-off" thing. *cringe*

ok

People moan so much over Metallica, it really becomes so boring reading about how people say they suck because they havent written another puppets or black album, who writes the same album twice? a band is always looking to try new things, yes st anger was utter shite and no band should try write an album using 5 frets! But come on Death Magnetic is something special and is what a great majority of metallica fans have been waiting for. I personally love every track off it and i must have very different hearing because i do not hear extreme "clipping" that everyone is on about, i noticed it in the pre release versions of TDTNC and My Apocalypse but the final version is brilliant.

I think its the best album since Justice, i have enjoyed the other albums bar St Anger but I have not stopped listening to Death Magnetic since its release.

Just know that Metallica will always be "better than you" ha! that was awful!!!

People moan so much over Metallica, it really becomes so boring reading about how people say they suck because they havent written another puppets or black album, who writes the same album twice? a band is always looking to try new things, yes st anger was utter shite and no band should try write an album using 5 frets! But come on Death Magnetic is something special and is what a great majority of metallica fans have been waiting for. I personally love every track off it and i must have very different hearing because i do not hear extreme "clipping" that everyone is on about, i noticed it in the pre release versions of TDTNC and My Apocalypse but the final version is brilliant.

I think its the best album since Justice, i have enjoyed the other albums bar St Anger but I have not stopped listening to Death Magnetic since its release.

Just know that Metallica will always be "better than you" ha! that was awful!!!

that's missing the point, isn't it? - I wouldn't mind if they wrote "good music" - even if it was nothing like their "old stuff" - there are plenty of bands that can come up with new, exciting, interesting music (even after 20+ years)....it's a shame, because metallica are the ones trying to "recapture" their glory, not the people wishing they could write better music nowadays. I get the feeling you might be one of the Die Hards that defends a band no matter what shite they keep putting out.