aberdeen-music

Weekend plans

Night shifts are pretty horrible. The longest I ever did was 19 days straight, doing 12 hour shifts. My job was to watch a giant compressor to make sure it didn't explode. I was completely numb by the end of it. I wasn't allowed to read or anything, just stand outside and watch a compressor not go on fire. Good money though.

I did 2 and a half months of 12 hour shifts without a day off (apart from a changeover) last year. 1 and a half months of which was nightshift.

However, I shall be playing a gig this eve at the tunnels and then pretending to dj afterwards.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night shifts are pretty horrible. The longest I ever did was 19 days straight, doing 12 hour shifts. My job was to watch a giant compressor to make sure it didn't explode. I was completely numb by the end of it. I wasn't allowed to read or anything, just stand outside and watch a compressor not go on fire. Good money though.

That sounds like the worst job ever. I actually chuckled at the misfortune of how bad being stuck doing that would be. I'm sorry.

EDIT: This weekend I was doing the car parking at Aboyne Games and proceeded to get sunburnt in the rain. Headed to a BBQ in the rain, and then went to Aboyne marquee, which, unless suitably pished is shite. It was shite.

Guest idol_wild
Surely you can trust/rely on someone? What happened?

"Friends" just generally being shite. Especially at maintaining two-way dynamics. People seem content to have me do stuff for them but without returning the favour.

No more Mr Nice Guy!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
"Friends" just generally being shite. Especially at maintaining two-way dynamics. People seem content to have me do stuff for them but without returning the favour.

No more Mr Nice Guy!

Must be catching, I've had a fair bit of that lately. The thing to do with dead wood is cut it out. There's no "us" in "me"...

:up:

I was drunk all weekend.... no more.

Bloody birthday parties and BBQ's.....

I had a similar weekend.

Fucking knackered today. Going till the wee hours on Thurs, Fri and Saturday does not make for a productive Monday anymore. Mixture of being out of practice and getting older I think.

I plan to spend most of Sunday in my pants. :up:

Ah, wandering around your own house in your scants with impunity - it just can't be beat :up:

My wife and daughter were in Turkey for a fortnight - so I spent two weeks in my pants (at home, I hasten to add).

Almost certainly the best part of living on your own - oh how I miss it.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Fucking knackered today. Going till the wee hours on Thurs, Fri and Saturday does not make for a productive Monday anymore. Mixture of being out of practice and getting older I think.

Once again, must be catching. Had a 2-day bender over Friday and Saturday and I still feel like a rat. It must be something to do with being in your 30's. Ach well, same again come Friday night...

Questionable :up:

I'm feeling shit and I wish it was from alcohol. God damn stomach bug!

Think of the positive side, at least you've had a good weekend, even though you feel shit now.

This is a good point, from the way I felt on Sunday I'm pretty sure it was a good night. I got to meet new and interesting people and all that shite... I guess you wouldn't have been so lucky with an unruly stomach.

• 4 weeks later...

spent yesterday recovering from a horrific wednesday night in glasgow involving splashing about and nearly drowning in the arches.

today went to stonehaven, walked to the castle and then had a chipper.

now snafu, but gonna keep it fairly quiet.

tomorrow laze about and watch hollyoaks omnibus. then staff night out.

YAWN.