aberdeen-music

Weekend plans

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My current stasis has lasted around a week. On a good day I'll spend five or six hours making music and smoking myself daft. On a bad day I'll just smoke myself daft. Through a stroke of genius I hold the cards concerning the start date of my latest job though, which is why I am spending the weekend deliberating. It's a nightshift job, so I reckon a few more days at home can't hurt - the money is better and your sleeping pattern gets shot't'fuck.

My current stasis has lasted around a week. On a good day I'll spend five or six hours making music and smoking myself daft. On a bad day I'll just smoke myself daft. Through a stroke of genius I hold the cards concerning the start date of my latest job though, which is why I am spending the weekend deliberating. It's a nightshift job, so I reckon a few more days at home can't hurt - the money is better and your sleeping pattern gets shot't'fuck.

Night shifts are pretty horrible. The longest I ever did was 19 days straight, doing 12 hour shifts. My job was to watch a giant compressor to make sure it didn't explode. I was completely numb by the end of it. I wasn't allowed to read or anything, just stand outside and watch a compressor not go on fire. Good money though.

Night shifts are pretty horrible. The longest I ever did was 19 days straight, doing 12 hour shifts. My job was to watch a giant compressor to make sure it didn't explode. I was completely numb by the end of it. I wasn't allowed to read or anything, just stand outside and watch a compressor not go on fire. Good money though.

I know, watching compressors - does my head in :D

compressor.png

I'm going to be doing a good 5 days a week nights for a while. At a hotel, involves lots of driving so I may get to dwindle away a few hours in flat tyres, spontaneous 4am traffic jams, tailed-by-a-serial-killer-and-I-had-to-lose-'im etc