aberdeen-music

Name the one hit wonders

Lemonade

Pedantry demands that I mention that the definition of a one-hit-wonder is that they do not trouble the charts ever again after their number one, or top 40 hit;One-hit wonder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thus ruling out Deee-Lite who had other great tunes (Zu Wah, Zu Zu Wah indeed).

Deee-Lite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So that rules out Jonah Fucking Lewie and his Cavalry.

Meh.

12 is Dana International

16 I'm trying to remember, is it Audiolab or something like that? I think I saw them at the Lemon Treet supporting Northern Uproar circa 1996 (blame Nick taylor of Taylored Sound, he got us free tickets)

Haven't a scooby on 20.

Correct on Dana International, and 16 is Audioweb.

Is 20 Lit?

Nope.

Clearly not one hit wonders by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah i know but Lucky has messed up a few others thats why I'm going out on a limb.

It does look like them a bit.....if u squint.

Plus they had a huge hit with Scooby Snacks but I can't think of any more big hits.

And it is a very small picture.

Here's number 20's description on wiki:

*********** is a Southern California based band, best known for their debut single "******************." Both their debut single and album ************* were released on Atlantic Records in September 2000. **************** has a distinctive sound, combining hip-hop, rock music, and pop with laid-back reggae.

They have 3 albums.

The one that goes "Stick Em Up Punk, we're the Fun Lovin' Criminals", "Loco", sure they had others as well.

I stand corrected.

Well done that man.

But i think i have cracked it now anyway.

Looking thru compilation albums from around 2000.

20 is OPM

One hit wonder with Heaven is a Halfpipe.

I stand corrected.

Well done that man.

But i think i have cracked it now anyway.

Looking thru compilation albums from around 2000.

20 is OPM

One hit wonder with Heaven is a Halfpipe.

That's yer lot. Ah well. That was a fun waste of time. No doubt somebody will cry now cos I called OPM a one hit wonder.

Pedantry demands that I mention that the definition of a one-hit-wonder is that they do not trouble the charts ever again after their number one, or top 40 hit;One-hit wonder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thus ruling out Deee-Lite who had other great tunes (Zu Wah, Zu Zu Wah indeed).

Deee-Lite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So that rules out Jonah Fucking Lewie and his Cavalry.

If we are talking about UK singles chart, which I was, they had a number 2, then followed up with a number 25 then never broke the top 40 again..... I would consider that a one hit wonder.

As for the Mavericks, again i was only counting the UK single chart, not the Deep South "tunes to listen to while you're fingering your sister" charts. As such they had a number 4 (which I inexplicably bought!) and a number 24.

BTW Richard why the fuck were you watching CMT anyway?!?!

As for the Mavericks, again i was only counting the UK single chart, not the Deep South "tunes to listen to while you're fingering your sister" charts.

But I don't have a sister?

And im not watching to CMT any more coz it went off the air just before they scrapped cable.

And i happen to like country music.

I have quite an extensive Garth Brooks collection.....................................................................I'll get me coat.

CMT used to be good. Kind of ironic that they managed to have a country station back in the day when there were only 3 music channels, but now they have loads of channels they all play pretty much the same music.

They should bring it back.

At present i only ever watch Scuzz or Kerrang.

I find MTV completely unwatchable.

But I don't have a sister?

And im not watching to CMT any more coz it went off the air just before they scrapped cable.

And i happen to like country music.

I have quite an extensive Garth Brooks collection.....................................................................I'll get me coat.

I like country music as well, but only good country music! Garth fucking Brooks? :down: Listening to him is akin to being hit in the face with a bag of shit, excreted and swung by Kerry Katona.

I like country music as well, but only good country music! Garth fucking Brooks? :down: Listening to him is akin to being hit in the face with a bag of shit, excreted and swung by Kerry Katona.

I must disagree but you are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

I recommend checking out the album he recorded as Chris Gaines.

It wasn't a commercial success but i think its some of his best work.

He tried to be a litle more mainstream but seeing as only countrymusic fans give a shit about him it didn't work.

Plus trying to pretend not to be himself and being someone complletely different didn't help.

I was in america while he was trying this and saw him on Saturday Night Live. He was funny as hell but it was so horrible watching him try and hock this album pretending the guy we had just seen sing wasn't him and was a new act.

If we are talking about UK singles chart, which I was, they had a number 2, then followed up with a number 25 then never broke the top 40 again..... I would consider that a one hit wonder.

So, not a No 1, followed by a No 25, not the greatest career, but DEFINITELY not a OHW.

I did say it was pedantic upfront, insert stupid twatting emoticon here.