aberdeen-music

Roddy Woomble solo album

Guest treader.

Guest treader.

Pretty late getting into this, but after my sister let me hear it, i rushed out and bought it.

It is literally a great, great album. I cant stop listening to it.

Standout tracks for me are "I Came In From the Mountain" and "If I Could Name any Name"

anyone else here like this? I'd imagine it would be really accessible for most as an intro to folk music/scottish music, for idlewild fans or really just for anyone who likes good music!

YOU CAN BUY IT HERE IF YOU LIKE

Yes, quite.

Who else is it that John McCusker tours with?

He works with a lot of famous artists, non?

He was married to Kate Rusby for a while, but they've split up now. I think I read somewhere that he's on the latest Paul Weller album.

He really was awesome on the Knopfler tour, although he ended up missing the first few shows of the US leg because he couldn't get a visa due to some "previous misdemeanour"! Wonder what he's been up to?

'My Secret Is My Silence' was my favourite album of 06. Absolutely fantastic, from start to finish. 'Every Line Of A Long Moment' is the standout, for me.

His Lemon Tree gig was absolutely incredible, and ending with 'Way Over Yonder In The Minor Key' was the icing on the cake.

I cannot wait to hear his stuff with Kris Drever and John McCusker.

Love from Christy

• 3 months later...