aberdeen-music

The music club is now open...

Just a wee request..

Can someone take a photo of where this place is on Langstane Place? I'm completely struggling to visualise it - I know where it is, but I can't picture it at all.

(and this raises a question - what was the Galleria before?)

It's basically next door to the back entrance to Soul.

Just a wee request..

Can someone take a photo of where this place is on Langstane Place? I'm completely struggling to visualise it - I know where it is, but I can't picture it at all.

(and this raises a question - what was the Galleria before?)

I'll try to the next time I'm past but that will be after I come back from Solfest.

The Galleria was originally an engineering works, with a variety of small workshops/other firms accessed from several floors worth of open metal galleries all round the central workshop space. I used to go in there to a wire stockists located away up stairs & out amongst the attics of the neighbouring buildings. It was like a street of small cottages up there amongst the rooftops of the surrounding buildings & the central atrium was simply superb - When they redeveloped it, they really missed the chance to to make it one of Aberdeen's most unique & spectacular indoor/leisure spaces. :(

I had the street up amongst the rooftops pegged for a number of pubs/small venues myself. An imaginative architect could have made something really special up there. No traffic & there was even a small open square.

Guest idol_wild

I popped in tonight and really liked the look of the place. Obvious comparisons can be made to Kilau - though I feel it's less claustraphobic. Very nice, open space with a good sized stage.

Quite a nice selection of bottled beers, good artwork, and very friendly staff.

Big thumbs up from me.

More people need to go here - popped in last night from about 7.30-9pm and there were only 4 people there total that whole time - disappointing.

At a loose end one evening? Need a chilled out place to meet people? Go and give it a try - good (reasonably priced) coffee, beers, cider, soft drinks, munchies. New places like this need our support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...