aberdeen-music

Bloodnut | Dollar Sent | Mr Moorings Comp | 1864 In Art @ Moorings

You could also use different circumference pint glasses with ratings related to the contestant's cheek area?

Hmmm, could make it easier for the gent with a more generous rump to score points if some sneaky pint swapping occured. I imagine the glasses would need a clear size marking system. Perhaps a FIFA style standard glass could be used?

Some sort of hi-tech mapping system is required, like sonar.

Hmmm, could make it easier for the gent with a more generous rump to score points if some sneaky pint swapping occured. I imagine the glasses would need a clear size marking system. Perhaps a FIFA style standard glass could be used?

Some sort of hi-tech mapping system is required, like sonar.

I think that you would need at least 2 officials watching the glass placement - one as an overall referee and a specific "arseman" for each contestant. That should minimise any sneakiness by Mr. Moorings hopefuls.

I think that you would need at least 2 officials watching the glass placement - one as an overall referee and a specific "arseman" for each contestant. That should minimise any sneakiness by Mr. Moorings hopefuls.

Makes sense, you don't want a glass sliding round the front and breaking the "offside" rule. I suppose a timer will be required to make sure the glass stays positioned for the correct amount of time.

To get back to topic I am looking forward to this gig.

fn146efly_thumb.jpg

SATURDAY 16 AUGUST = FUDGENIGHT @ THE MOORINGS BAR

BLOODNUT + DOLLAR-SENT + 1864 IN ART

and introducing THE MR MOORINGS 2008 COMPETITION hosted by Rapunzel

MySpace.com - BloodNut - Aberdeen, UK - Metal - www.myspace.com/bloodnut666

MySpace.com - Dollar - Sent - Brighton, UK - Rock / Metal / Punk - www.myspace.com/dollarsent

MySpace.com - 1864 In Art - Aberdeen, UK - Rock / Metal / Alternative - www.myspace.com/1864inart

"SO! WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MR MOORINGS COMPETITION?" I hear you query... I can now answer that question...

There are 3 stages:

1) A physical challenge which will take place in the lane outside the bar (to ensure that everyone is able to breathe). This will be underway whilst bands are on but people are welcome to spectate.

The winner of the physical challenge is allocated 10 points, the runner up 8 points and so forth.

2) The golden ratio. Here we compare wrist, chest, waist, hip, measurements etc with the golden ratio. Scoring system as per before. We also compare body fat and muscle mass using scientific scales.

3) Audience vote. Scoring as before.

We then add all 3 scores to find the winner.

pretty good night overall. as far as first gig's go i think 1864 can be quite chuffed with that. pretty tight set and some cracking riffage. sound was a little muddy in places particularly when everyone was playing clean but no big deal.

now that the troublesome first gig is under their belts it can only get better.

unfortunately i didn't get drunk enough to forget about the mr moorings contest. frankly i'm amazed the lady patrons of the moorings showed so much restraint when there was such a fine display of manflesh on show :)

And I've never felt so adequate in terms of penis size than I do after last night!

I've never been so glad for tall people standing between me and the stage...

Dollar Sent and Bloodnut were pretty good and we were happy with how our set went so it was a decent night. Thanks to everyone who turned out to see us

:up: