aberdeen-music

Show us your stuff.

Decontrol

Here's some of my collection of underused, dust collecting ornaments:

04_custom_1.jpg

My 2007 custom build

04_wholebass.jpg

Epiphone EB-3, with added Hipshot Supertone bridge and (not pictured) DiMarzio Model One pup

03_olp_mm3.jpg

OLP MM3, currently ill with pup wired direct to the jack after active circuit failed :(

05_mongrel_p_bass.jpg

imprecision.jpg

Fecker Imprecision Bass, a mish mash of Squier and Fender parts with a Badass II and SD QP pup. Body is currently blue, I feel like refinishing the silver body surf green for some obscure reason.

06_takamine_acoustic.jpg

Takamine acoustic bass

No rig pics, I'm still building it. Got a Hartke 3500 head but no cabs yet.

Several projects in the pipeline...

Where did you get the decal?

eBay user plankspanker101. He has a default set of ones (including the infamous "Jizz Bass") but did this custom request for me for a little bit extra above his usual ones. Good quality printing and good quality decal, application was a doddle.

Guest texjamm

My Bass Stuff

Heres my bass stuff:

Schroeder 410 cab

QSC PLX1604 power amp

TC Electronic G-Major effects

Yamaha MFC05 midi floor pedal

Mindprint pre-amp

AKG WMS400 wireless

Ken Smith BSR6EG

Warrior Signature 5

Ritter Roya 5

....and just sold on E-Bay - Modulus Quantum Custom 5

all_01.jpg

Guest texjamm
your ken smith through that rig sounds lovely.

Why, thank you! :] I'm pretty please with it myself.......although I do keep an eye open for other gear. Usual case of G.A.S. I think. Did you run sound for us once at the Tunnels?

this site could do with less pointless pictures of guitars and amps and more actual fucking sounds that you people are recording. get a life.

True, but then not everyone is making nice sounds. Or indeed any recorded sounds. And there's some nice looking guitars, make me think what I might buy the next time i have money.

Suppose the next thread should be 'the actual fucking sounds you people are recording, get a life'.

this site could do with less pointless pictures of guitars and amps and more actual fucking sounds that you people are recording. get a life.

again the question must be asked....why should how, when,where and in fact if people produce music, should it fit in to your blinkered view of whats right, Im sure that many people on here will never play in a band or to an audience or record anything, I came into that catagory until I was 40 I now play in a band covering other peoples music which we will never record. I love seing other peoples guitars, they are a a personal thing that can be modified and customised to suit an individual and I like to see what the play them through..

I wouldnt on the other hand like to look at pictures of laptops samplers or sound modules...yawn... nor am I interested in music produced using just the above tools but have no problem with anyone wanting to do that. I suspect that coming on to these threads you are just looking to annoy folk, it seems a little odd that you appear on these threads every single time when its quite apparent they will be filled with pictures and comments about peoples guitars and amps, so really I believe its you who needs to "get a life" or at the very least avoid threads that you think might contain "pointless pictures"

I could have condenced the above into three words...

.YOUR A KNOB!

I wouldnt on the other hand like to look at pictures of laptops samplers or sound modules

yes, and neither would I. You miss the point I was making, which is that giving a crap about what your gear looks like is misguided, lame, and IMO just compensating for where you are lacking in other areas. Then again, of course, I'm forgetting being a musician is 98% image, 1% talent and 1% creativity.

yes, and neither would I. You miss the point I was making, which is that giving a crap about what your gear looks like is misguided, lame, and IMO just compensating for where you are lacking in other areas. Then again, of course, I'm forgetting being a musician is 98% image, 1% talent and 1% creativity.

But of course if it wasnt for musicians you'd be fucked....nothing to sample!!!

And I didnt miss your point, I just dont agree with it which I know you'll find hard to understand.

But of course if it wasnt for musicians you'd be fucked....nothing to sample!!!

And I didnt miss your point, I just dont agree with it which I know you'll find hard to understand.

No, you did miss my point and went off on a tangent about production methods, as I have just clarified for you. Unless of course you really do disagree and think that what your instrument looks like is more important than what it sounds like? And that showing off pictures of your material possessions is anything other than boring and sad.

Also, I don't need to justify my approach to ignorant people like you who don't have the slightest clue about modern production techniques and whos understanding of the digital studio is rooted in misconceptions that have more in common with the 80's than how people work now. If you think it's all about sampling bars of people playing instruments then looping them, I feel sorry for you being so out of touch with the reality of making music in this day and age.

No, you did miss my point and went off on a tangent about production methods,

Also, I don't need to justify my approach to ignorant people like you who don't have the slightest clue about modern production techniques

This argument is pointless....

I didnt go off at any tangent about production methods, and your right, I neither want or need you to justify anything to me.

You have no idea how extensive my knowlege of modern recording is...its a lot greater than you think by the way.

And as for the look of musical instruments and the desire to see what others have got, i suspect that on this site you are by far in the minority, I personally put sound and playability 1st and 2nd on my list of importance, sadly cost would be 3rd, how good they look is a happy bonus.

Its all very well for someone who's music is produced behing closed doors, what your gear looks like matters not a jot, but when a musical performance is both musical and visual its important, whether you like it or not.

This argument is pointless....

I didnt go off at any tangent about production methods

You did, and it's because the only comeback you ever have is "oh but you make music on a COMPUTER!". And it is quite clear you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about when you come out with rubbish like "if it wasn't for musicians you wouldn't have anything to sample".

This thread and the others like it would be equally as pathetic if people were posting pictures of their car, their tv or any other thing they've just bought in a shop and use to prop up their fragile egos.