aberdeen-music

Another pointless, shitty sequel

Lemonade

Hmm, other than the two Batman films his CV looks a bit shit. *braces himself for outraged comments from misguided fools who think Blade is good*

David S. Goyer

Aye, there's some stinkers on there. Still, I'm expecting the new Terminator trilogy to absolutely suck balls, so it's hourses for courses really. I can't believe Christian Bale is having anything to do with it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Apparently Christian Slater is going to star in Heathers 2 as "a sort of Obi Wan Kenobi character"

Hahahahaha! Are you fucking KIDDING me!?!

Christian Slater was the fucking shit in the original movie though.

Between Slater and Pheonix you knew what it was to be a rebel in the 80s.

Hahahahaha! Are you fucking KIDDING me!?!

Christian Slater was the fucking shit in the original movie though.

Between Slater and Pheonix you knew what it was to be a rebel in the 80s.

Fucking right dude! He was like a hero of mine in the 90s, between Heathers and Pump Up The Volume.

There's an interview with Winona Rider in last months Empire and she says it's all been agreed. Also...

Entertainment Weekly reported on June 2' date=' 2009 that Winona Ryder had confirmed that there will be a sequel to Heathers with Christian Slater coming back "as a kind of Obi-Wan character" implying that JD will return as a ghost.[5']

It'll almost be like Clarence in True Romance receiving instructions from Elvis, except this time it'll be Christian Slater who's playing the ghost.

• 1 month later...
I can't stand Tony Scott, I absolutely hate him. He can take a film about anything and just fill it to bursting point with car chases, explosions and annoying shakey camera angles. He has a very "frantic" style of directing that renders much of his work unwatchable IMO.

I disagree, but fair enough.

You don't like True Romance?

I disagree, but fair enough.

You don't like True Romance?

I do like True Romance, but more because of the excellent dialogue and the cool characters than the direction. I think his style worked on Top Gun and Days Of Thunder, which were all-action "boys" films, but I think he ruins things like Man On Fire, which started out as a really interesting film about the friendship between a little girl and a grizzled, alcoholic ex-FBI agent. But by the second half it was just car chases and shootouts and became action-by-numbers. The same applied to Deja Vu, and the Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3, which I watched last night. The most interesting part of that was watching the relationship between Denzel and John Travolta, despite the fact that they'd never met, and how they tried to feel each other out and how they reacted to each other. But by an hour in it was all helicopters and car crashes and runaway trains etc.