aberdeen-music

Another pointless, shitty sequel

Lemonade

S. Darko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why does Donnie Darko need a sequel?

I fucking hate when they can't just leave things alone. Keep your grubby little hands off these great movies and stop trying to cash in, Everything has to have sequel after sequel, or even worse, the remake, the scourge of movie fans the world over.

Just off the top of my head, here's a list of movies that they are remaking, scheduled for release in 2009:

A Nightmare On Elm Street

The Birds

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Friday the 13th

Short Circuit

Highlander

Robocop

Pet Semetary

Add that to the list of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes, The Producers, The Ladykillers, The Italian Job, Oceans 11, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, Village Of The Damned, Day Of The Dead, The Omen...... it's just lazy film making. It really fucks me off.

A full list of upcoming remakes:

Upcoming Movie Remakes at Classic Remakeville: Dedicated to Remakes of Old Movies - The Movie Insider

S.Darko isn't really going to have much to do with Donnie Darko at all.

The only person from donnie darko who will be in this is the girl who played Donnie's younger sister Samantha, who will be the main character of this film.

Richard Kelly has confirmed he will definitely have nothing to do with it.

It really does just seem like a lame cash in.

Robocop isn't going to be a remake apparently. There was a news story on the Empire site last week said it was going to be a proper sequel.

Holy shit, they're remaking Scanners and Escape From New York. Cunts.

I'm more annoyed about the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Freddy Krueger without Robert Englund? You're having a fucking laugh intcha. And Footloose? How can you justify remaking Footloose?

Actually that site isn't very good. There's better sites with remake lists.

The horror genre seems to come off worst. It's like as soon as a film hits 20 years old it gets carted out again and remade worse than th original.

S.Darko isn't really going to have much to do with Donnie Darko at all.

The only person from donnie darko who will be in this is the girl who played Donnie's younger sister Samantha, who will be the main character of this film.

Richard Kelly has confirmed he will definitely have nothing to do with it.

It really does just seem like a lame cash in.

Straight to DVD and hopefully never heard of again.

I'm more annoyed about the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Freddy Krueger without Robert Englund? You're having a fucking laugh intcha. And Footloose? How can you justify remaking Footloose?

Actually that site isn't very good. There's better sites with remake lists.

The horror genre seems to come off worst. It's like as soon as a film hits 20 years old it gets carted out again and remade worse than th original.

I'm more annoyed by The Long Good Friday remake set in Miami.

The worst is direct to video sequels.

Basically the producer/director's saying they know the films shit but want a fast buck.

Thankfully I've avoided most of those, though I did sit through "I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer" recently, which bore absolutely no resemblance to either of the previous 2 films.

Remaking Highlander's a bit of a travsety, that being said with 2 TV Series (3 if you count the animated) and 4 film sequels that discount most of the mythology in the original, t might not be a bad thing, woukld still far rather see the Methos Chronicles made.

I heard that the Day the Earth Stood Still is going to star Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connolly, she migth be fine, but Keanu ? Doesnt bear thinking about...

Course the sad man that I am, I am looking forward to War Eagles :p

RayHarryhausen.com -In-the-Works

Not a remake, rather a film that was never made in the first place now being made.

Ghostbusters 3 anyone?

Movies - News - Carell, Rogen to star in 'Ghostbusters'? - Digital Spy

With Steve Carell and Seth Rogan there's a chance it might not be utter legacy destroying shite. Just a chance though.

That's fucking sacrilege. Tho, if, according to the story anyway, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson and Dan Ackroyd are going to be in it, then I'll let that one pass. In fact, anything with Dan Ackroyd in it gets an automatic pass, because he is awesome in everything, ever.

In other news, Seth Rogen and his usual lot (Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Jonah Hill, Jason Segel etc) are writing and starring in the new Muppets movie.

Cool, that could be good.

News about the new Terminator (with Christan Bale) is quite promising as well. Could be an adult rating and it's set after judgement day.