aberdeen-music

First Album You Ever Bought?

Guest idol_wild

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 'James Bond themes' cheapo (on the Hallmark label) from Woolies (where McDonald's is now).

It was 9/11d, as I recall. I think the first decent one I bought was 'Atom Heart Mother' by Pink Floyd (or maybe 'Candles in the Wind' by Melanie). These were 32/6d from the West End Bookshop (John Menzies).

It was 9/11d, as I recall. I think the first decent one I bought was 'Atom Heart Mother' by Pink Floyd (or maybe 'Candles in the Wind' by Melanie). These were 32/6d from the West End Bookshop (John Menzies).

For a second I thought you got it on September 11th, then I remembered that there used to be bizarre money in base 12 and 20. Thank fuck I missed that, I'm inumerate enough as it is.

I couldn't handle it now....too complicated, but most of the early ones I bought were either 29/11d or 32/6d. I got quite a few much cheaper albums from the woolies in the Arndale Centre in Mastrick, which sold deleted stuff cheap...some of it's now quite rare (eg the 'Haystacks Balboa' one).

I can't remember which came first but it's either:

A-Ha- Hunting High And Low

or

R.E.M- Best of the I.R.S Years

I have been reliably informed that it was A-Ha's album that came first by my mum. Bought in 1989 with my birthday money. Christ o_O

I apparently annoyed the shit out of my parents with "Take On Me" and "The Sun Always Shines On TV" for a year or so before i picked up a few more CD's of which Best Of I.R.S years, Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden, Bleach by Nirvana, 39/Smooth by Green Day and Facelift by Alice In Chains all came along around the same time.

I am alarmed that my parents have a better memory than me and seem to remember the name of the bands i listened too.