aberdeen-music

First Album You Ever Bought?

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

I don't mean the first album that you were ever given as a gift, or the first album you ever bought for someone else.

What was the first album you bought for yourself?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild

I bought two on the same day. I'm unsure which actually went through tthe cash register first...

Rave Alert - Various Artists

For Those About To Rock - AC/DC

I bought two on the same day. I'm unsure which actually went through tthe cash register first...

Rave Alert - Various Artists

For Those About To Rock - AC/DC

In cases like this it's always the one you feel is the most embarrassing that becomes the official 1st album.

I bought 2 albums on the same day as well; both in tape format.

Bon Jovi: Crossroads

Presidents of the United States of America: Presidents of the United States of America.

Could probably remember every single lyric of both albums, if I were to play them today :love:

I bought The Stranglers - Greatest Hits on tape, The Jam - Snap on 2x12" and Madness - Utter Madness on 12" from a carbootsale when I was 9 for no more than 1 in total. I had this shitty branded Hifi which had a tape player and a tiny turntable that couldn't really fit a 12" on it, but I played them on it anyway. I didn't have a CD player until I was 14/15. My dad used to give me old Jam/Madness/Clash 7" singles and tapes from carboot sales, so then I started spending my pocket money on them myself.

These days, I fucking hate Madness however. Probably something to do with Suggs being in fucking fish fingers adverts. Prick.