aberdeen-music

Trinity Centre busking band

Guest idol_wild
Anyone know what they're called? They play outside the Trinity Centre most Saturday nights.

Are those the guys who do Stone Roses and Oasis covers?

Guest idol_wild
aye they do the Stone Roses, bit of Oasis and Snow Patrol etc ...

In that case:

As far as I know they are usually referred to as "those fucking annoying cunts that the police should move on"

What he said.

Maybe the world has seen sense and shunned them for being derivative pish, and the single most influential reason for all lad bands since 1994 being shite. Seriously, the amount of total fuckin ding young bands that I have seen, the blame for most of it can be laid square at excessive Oasis devotion. If I even see a band with 2 Les Pauls, or 335s (Nowadays, not pre-94) I just leave, as I know whats coming. Pub Rock crap with an adenoidal strangulated bad attitood. Fuck that.

Maybe the world has seen sense and shunned them for being derivative pish, and the single most influential reason for all lad bands since 1994 being shite. Seriously, the amount of total fuckin ding young bands that I have seen, the blame for most of it can be laid square at excessive Oasis devotion. If I even see a band with 2 Les Pauls, or 335s (Nowadays, not pre-94) I just leave, as I know whats coming. Pub Rock crap with an adenoidal strangulated bad attitood. Fuck that.

Whilr I agree with a lot of what you say (Wonderwall has a LOT to answer for, encouraging simpletons to pick up a guitar who had no business doing so), but I don't think the presence of Les Pauls or 335s can necessarily be an immediate tip off.

What if the guitarists in question were influenced by other Gibson toters ie Slash, Clapton, Zakk Wylde, Page etc etc? Or maybe they just have them because they are damn fine instruments?

haha - did make me laugh. only reason i do it!

although i think i have a good attitude...! ;)

They're fucking shit and they just get on my tits. It was annoying enough when it was just one guy playing a Les Paul with a bunch of dancing twats singing along to Paul Weller songs around him, now there's a guitarist, a singer and a drummer, and a bunch of singing dancing twats with tambourines and shit generally making a racket and blocking the pavement. They should get to fuck. There's much better entertainment IN the pubs, people.

Guest treader.
evidently this Mark Knopfler loving guitar-geek twat. ;)

Oh and i also own a 335-copy and only know 5 or 6 chords. bite me.

you're not playing loud, shitty covers to the drunken public on union street though.

or maybe you are!?

They're fucking shit and they just get on my tits. It was annoying enough when it was just one guy playing a Les Paul with a bunch of dancing twats singing along to Paul Weller songs around him, now there's a guitarist, a singer and a drummer, and a bunch of singing dancing twats with tambourines and shit generally making a racket and blocking the pavement. They should get to fuck. There's much better entertainment IN the pubs, people.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say your not a fan.... fair enough. I agree with you there most likely is far better entertainment in the pubs. But does it really affect your life that much for them to be out doing what they do? It's not like they are trying to throw an Aberdeen Record in your face everyday.... incidentally has anyone else been tricked into taking one of them while daydream - walking down union street and immediately try to find a bin when you realise what a complete waste of paper it actually is.

But it's complete pish. I'm not against people having a good time but when one of the druken idiots backs into you and crushes you toes then almost knocks you into moving traffic then it stops being, "a bit of banter". I wouldn't mind so much if the band were actually any good and if they played some decent songs... and if I didn't almost always get my toes crushed when I try and edge my way round the crowd of court fucking jesters. However, they are pish and a magnet to complete idiots. Awful.

they probably get more people to their gigs then half the bands on here get to theirs.

We shoud all set up outside Trinty Centre....!

Guest idol_wild
they probably get more people to their gigs then half the bands on here get to theirs.

Too true! Certainly a more reactive crowd anyway.

I bet they get a hell of a lot more cash from busking than a local band would get from playing a gig too.