aberdeen-music

Lead Guitarist and Drummer Wanted

Shmikes

Hi folks.

My band Nu Era are based in Peterhead.

My name is Stuart, I am 21 years old and have only played guitar for two years. I'm Rhythm. My addiction is pretty strong now though. Everything has just come together in the last 6 months and a lot of hard work has been paying off. I am a very driven and ambitious person and I would like that in anyone who wanted to join Nu Era.

We only have one song to date, an Aberdeen footie song, a tribute to the European Adventure!

Nu Era <nuera2008>

This will be the only footie song I intend in doing, I don't want to be getting labelled anything. I don't want to be restricted creatively. I want to do all types of songs, blues, heavy, indie, you name it, I'll probably have a crack at it. Mostly be Rock like, but you get the idea. I have written a couple of new songs I want to get going with these new tunes as soon as possible.

I have a singer and keyboard player (same person) and a bass player. Just need lead and drums. Drummers have been a nightmare so far. Reliability is a must please. Looking for similar ages to ourselves (18-23 ish) and people who'd be willing to make an effort.

Our influences include AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Stone Roses, Muse and many more. I basically like a bit of everything. Except really dark stuff like Slipknot and extreme metal, but i have no problems with the like of Black Sabbath and Metallica etc.

Get in touch if you wanna know more or are interested.

Guest Bailz

Will you guys be practising in Peterhead?

I've played guitar for 15 years (I'm 22) and would be interested. I know a drummer too. Only problem (possibly) is getting to Peterhead.

Cheers,

Chris

Arite min. Yeah we'd be practising in Peterhead , 3 of us stay there, but I mean if worst comes to worst down the line we could practice in Peterhead one week, Aberdeen the next if it works out.

Do you drive?

We started out as the NT Electros in May 2006, some of the lads from the college decided to form a band, I wanted to be in it so bought a guitar and the lead player taught me. 2 years later, only 2 surviving members. 2 drummers and one lead guitarist later, here we are as Nu Era. I didn't have a singer for the Aberdeen song, wrote it, found a mate to sing it and got him to join us! I'll be writing to suit his voice from now on. 2 years without a singer was a nightmare. The writing bug has hit big time now though! Plenty tunes to write. Do you write as well?

Our song is getting played on Waves 101.2 fm this friday breakfast show 6am-10am so listen for it. They want to have us in for an interview some time, so I was gonna record some stuff, just rhythm and vocals on some songs I've been working on to keep the momentum going. Can't wait to get going properly like.

Guest Bailz

Yeah, I drive. It's more the petrol to get up there and back - we're talking roughly a 60 mile round trip! Week about could work though.

I've given writing a bash with a few of my older bands and it's definitely something I've wanted to get more into.

What kind of voice does the singer have?

If you listen to our song on our web site, that's the singer we have. He's really good. Maybe more suited to ballad type rock but we'll try a few different things, experiment.

I worked in Dyce for past 2 years, travelling was a nightmare every day then to see the Dons at Weekends too!

IAs I said, if evetyone was happy with things, we could definitely do a week about.

Fit like is this drummer you know? Do you play a lot of solos and stuff? I quite like that, just don't really have the ability to do it myself!

If you listen to our song on our web page, that's still the same guy. More suited to rock ballads probably, but we'll throw lots of different styles at him and see how he gets on.

I worked in Dyce for two years and used to go to Aberdeen games on saturday, so I know the travelling is a nightmare. But it's worth it to produce quality tunes! We could look at the week about thing too, it's definitely not a problem for me.

Fit like is the drummer you ken? Do you play a lot of solos and stuff? I quite like that, hardly ever hear them nowadays! Not really good enough myself for lead like!

Guest Bailz

I do solo a lot. My main influence is Gary Moore, he enjoys the odd solo too!

The drummer is good, played in a few setups with him. Must be about 2 years now.

Sounds promising like. Last guitarist was influenced by Gary Moore as well. I can play "walking by myself" (rhythm) and I love "partisienne walkways" and "out in the field".

I've been leaving room in my songs I've been writing for solos and stuff.

When do you want to sort a jam for? Singer will be back from holiday today or tomorrow so I can try and get everyone together next week sometime?