aberdeen-music

Musicman Stingray for Sale

Kieran_imray

Hey,

I am looking to sell my Musicman Stingray. I think it's a 2004 model, black with black scratchplate and maple fretboard/headstock. I have owned it for 18 months and never had any problems with it, but I recently bought a Fender USA Jazz Bass and have decided that it is more my sound than the Musicman. It is in very good/excellent condition, no buckle rash, the only blemish is a tiny white scratch on the back, it is only noticable if your looking for it. Also included in the sale is a hardcase, I'm not sure what brand it is and to be honest it is in fairly bad nick, but its something to store it in or use for transit.

Asking price is 800 quid but I will consider offers.

Cheers

Kieran

Thanks, it really is, like I said, the only reason for sale is that I prefer the sound of the jazz bass and could use the cash, I will likely regret parting with it. Pity no-one seems interested in it. Asking price is now 750. C'mon Guys!!

id say keep it, it may not suit what your doing right now but you may not be in that band forever, always best to keep something like that for later in life. A bass guitar like that is good for like not just xmas :p

• 2 weeks later...

it's your call of course but i've kept a constant lookout for stingrays since i bought mine years ago and this is still quite a high asking price for a second hand 3EQ in black. i appreciate that it's in near mint condition and of course you will have set the price based on what you paid for it and what you need, but they're only worth what people are willing to pay and that's (in my experience) less than what you're asking. 650-750 is what you can typically expect, particularly given the fact it's black.

it's potentially a bad time to be selling anyway, with people tightening their purse strings but good luck to you. might be worth holding onto it in the meantime. certainly don't make the mistake of selling it for less than you can afford to sell it for.

not looking to be a dick here, just adding some friendly advice :)

Nice guitar. I love the stingray sound and have recently bought a Stingray 5 string 2nd hand for 750. Maybe you will need to shave a few quid off your asking price to get shot of it. Just out of interest..what style of music do you play? Just wondering why you prefer the Jazz to the Stingray?

Cheers.

It's hard rock with a bit of metal in there. Influences include Velvet Revolver, Alter Bridge and Black Stone Cherry. The Stingray was a good bass tbh, and sat well in the mix, I just prefer the slightly "smoother" tones the Jazz offers. I also like the neck on the Jazz more and feel that it works better with my amp than the Stingray. 750 possibly is a tad much, the price is hereby dropped to 700.

• 2 months later...