aberdeen-music

Big Brother

mcsheepie

I've been watching it on and off. If I'm at home I watch it but I don't make a point of being at home when it's on! There's been some good stuff so far, and they've got rid of some of the more irritating housemates, ie Alexandra, Sylvia, Dennis and Rebecca. I hate Kathreya and Luke creeps me out. I say Darnell or Dale to win! Or Rachel, but just cos she is fit.

I'd stopped watching it after the first couple of weeks but watched it last night and it was actually pretty good. Purely the fact that they were fucking with the housemates and making them all fall out. It's not really a long term solution to saving the show though. They seem to choose the complete wrong housemates now, most have very little to say and do. I remember in the nasty nick days when it was enjoyable without all the gimmicks. But then again it is overplayed and predictable now.

That Kat woman is so bloody irritating though. Everything about her annoys me greatly.

I'm actually really looking forward to it finishing so I can watch the re-runs of Scrubs when I get in from work rather than channel surf to about Big Brother.

Every frigging year, big brother rolls along and steals scrubs re-runs from E4 and replaces it with a bunch of freaks and mingers "living".

Gotta love scrubs re-runs!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Big Brother axed by Channel 4 | Media | guardian.co.uk

I'd cheer but I suspect they're just going to make something even worse to replace it. Oh for the days of Bitz, Vidz, Adam & Joe and The Word. Yes, even The fucking Word..

At the risk of looking like a fool, I really like Big Brother, and I watched pretty much all of them. I know it's mind-rot, but so help me I enjoy the parade the freaks and morons; and it occassionally makes for fascinating viewing from a psychological perspective. Admittedly it gave birth to the horrendous culture of talentless celebrity we now endure, but there have been some classic moments of TV gold. Ironically, I think the new series has been one of the best.

Bring back BITZ! Emily Booth...hmmm....

At the risk of looking like a fool, I really like Big Brother, and I watched pretty much all of them. I know it's mind-rot, but so help me I enjoy the parade the freaks and morons; and it occassionally makes for fascinating viewing from a psychological perspective. Admittedly it gave birth to the horrendous culture of talentless celebrity we now endure, but there have been some classic moments of TV gold. Ironically, I think the new series has been one of the best.

I'm with you on that. I love watching total and utter cunts make even bigger cunts of themselves on national television in front of a couple of million viewers.

Oh man, I skimmed this thread and thought Emily Booth was in a past Big Brother for half a second!

She taught me that licking the TV is actually very painful.

Big Brother axed by Channel 4 | Media | guardian.co.uk

I'd cheer but I suspect they're just going to make something even worse to replace it. Oh for the days of Bitz, Vidz, Adam & Joe and The Word. Yes, even The fucking Word..

Don't forget about TV Offal, Jam/Jaaaaam, Brasseye, Eurotrash, Father Ted, Spaced, Frasier, Spin City and South Park.

Friday nights on Channel 4 used to be awesome.