aberdeen-music

The Stranglers - Tribute Band

Kubickiboy

I am looking to form a tribute band to The Stranglers.

I have bass / all JJ parts covered.

I am looking for 3 like minded musicians/fans to create an awesome tribute band,

the original classic 4 piece, capturing the early gritty pub rock sound of the Rattus era to up to the modern classics.

I am looking for the right people to fill the drum, keyboard/vox, guitar/vox

Black, Greenfield & Cornwell, with huge dedication and attitude.

The key always being fun & the love of playing Stranglers music first & foremost.

Part time band, evening practices, weekend gigs "as and when".

Everything to be very professional & promoted properly at all times.

I think there will be a big demand for this band all around when up & running,

lively gigs, special nights.

PM me if interested, cheers

Kubickiboy

• 2 weeks later...

Stranglers tribute

Best of luck with this, hope you manage. Saw "Four More Heroes several times before they split, and thought they were excellent tribute. Know quite a few who'd want to hear this. Have played a few Stranglers tracks with various bands in the past (and present), and love them. Was delighted to see real thing at Capitol(!) just before Hugh left. All the very best.

Hi Robmod, thanks for mail, no potential members yet. I knew it would be a hard band to put together as each member is a master of their trade, plus they're not seen as "classic" like Zep etc.

If had a mail for guitarist / no vox but Im wanting to keep the band true to the original 4.

(saw too many heckling nights at Stranglers MK2 5-piece gigs). Do you not fancy yourself as a part time Hugh?. Aberdeen also has a smaller musical pool to draw from, lots of new current music bands & musicians. Fingers crossed, it maybe something that I may have to go further afield to put together. I've seen 2 tribute bands, they always went down a stormer, both defunked now. If you know or hear of anyone let me know, cheers again for the email great to see interest in the band.

Something better change

Agree with you it's difficult to find people, let alone the right (minded) people for Stranglers music/band. Would love Hugh-type role, believe me, but although I did lead vocals in most previous bands, don't believe I could carry a Stranglers set. Know most of their stuff (Rattus still favoured in the car!), but only ever actually played a handful of songs in the past (Heroes, Straighten Out, SB Change, 5 minutes, Nuclear Device). Small plus, I do have black tele in my kit bag already, though. :rockon:

Just Strap On Your Geetar And We'll Place Some Rock & Roll

Nice one Rodmod.

Sounds like you thought about it, Black Tele?, you're 1/2 way there......!

I've got a new Shuker JJ Burnel signature bass on order, currently being manufactured even as we speak (4 month waiting list for a Shuker), Identical to look at as his old Precision, except, lighter & more importanly...louder, he's been playing these since 2006

No new interest for the band as we speak, almost 190 hits, I'll just wait and see.

If you hear of anyone or take an incline let me know, cheers again for the PMs

Got My Tickets

It'll be an awesome gig, always better to see them in smaller venues.

It's a Friday night too. Greatest hits tour.

Last saw them 2006 in the Lemon Tree, love the current line up, Baz is the man

back to the classic Stranglers. There's a new buzz & energy about the band again.

The black Tele will be calling out to you after this gig, if not before......!

If anyone else is reading this thread I am still looking to put this band together, there are no current Stranglers tributes in the UK at the moment, drop me a pm if you are interested

• 1 month later...