aberdeen-music

Be A Familiar + Sidca + Woodenbox + Steven Milne @ The Tunnels

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Idol Wild Promotions is exceptionally proud to present to you...

Be A Familiar

MySpace.com - Be A Familiar - Glasgow, UK - Alternative / Pop / Indie - www.myspace.com/beafamiliar

Glasgow 7-piece uber-poppers return to Aberdeen after a hugely successful summer which included stellar performances at Rockness and T in the Park. The closest Scotland will ever get to Broken Social Scene. They're on the verge of stardom, and this is their tour to support their first single release through Broken Friend Records.

Sidca

MySpace.com - sidca(booking tour now) - aberdeen, UK - Rock / Rock / Death Metal - www.myspace.com/sidca

Aberdeen legends! I doubt I need to introduce this band to any of you - think noise, discordance, relentlessness, irony, and bloody good punk-rock tunes. There was this one time (not at band camp), where the vocalist decided to stick his head into the kick drum and sing there for an entire song. Great times! You should have heard the reverb...

Woodenbox

MySpace.com - WOODENBOX with A Fistful of Fivers - UK - Folk / Country / Experimental - www.myspace.com/awoodenbox

Woodenbox are from Glasgow and they make pretty alt-folk songs. Obvious reference points being Elliot Smith, Badly Drawn Boy, and Teenage Fanclub. Beautiful melodies and lovely arrangements, they recently supported the fantastic Dodos. Give them a try, I think you'll enjoy...

Steven Milne (The Little Kicks)

MySpace.com - the little kicks - Aberdeen, UK - Indie / Pop / Rock - www.myspace.com/thelittlekicks

The Little Kicks are probably Aberdeen's slickest indie-pop band so I am delighted that Mr Milne has agreed to take time out of his schedule to play some songs for me and you.

Sunday 24th August

The Tunnels

4 door tax

MySpace.com - Idol Wild Promotions - UK - Alternative / Indie / Pop - www.myspace.com/idolwildpromotions

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
I'm split 50/50 with this one :(

I think I know what you're referring to - but this is the first "varied" bill I've assembled and I want to see how it works...

I think I know what you're referring to - but this is the first "varied" bill I've assembled and I want to see how it works...

Aye, all credit to you for keeping going man. I may pop along though, Be A Familiar were pretty good last time! And of course 4 is a good price for a gig of any sort. I'm glad both you and Scott are bringing a decent number of varied acts to the city as well as IMP etc, it'll maybe help stopping people from poo-pooing Aberdeen for it's lack of diversity.

Guest idol_wild
that spelling error aside, it is an ace poster though. fo sho.

Cheers min. It's the only reason I do music promotion - so I can spend the time making satisfying posters!

If only graphic design hadn't been consumed by computers, I'd have an enjoyable trade :(

Guest idol_wild
Be a familiar were fucking brilliant at T. Only caught about 10-15 minutes so i'll be catching this one definintly!

Given the scope of the band, they are possibly one of the most accomplished acts I've ever seen.