aberdeen-music

Library card

Justin

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Says the guy who asks car questions on a music forum...

listen wiseguy, there is not a national hotline for 'car questions'. there is a fucking phone number for the library. it doesn't take a fucking genius to figure this one out, 'tub thumper'

Guest Neutral
listen wiseguy, there is not a national hotline for 'car questions'. there is a fucking phone number for the library. it doesn't take a fucking genius to figure this one out, 'tub thumper'

There are phone numbers for garages in the yellow pages and I'm pretty, not 100% although quite possibly sure that the AA and RAC and Britannia are technologically advanced enough to have telephone numbers.

Could be wrong though

Guest Tam o' Shantie
There are phone numbers for garages in the yellow pages and I'm pretty, not 100% although quite possibly sure that the AA and RAC and Britannia are technologically advanced enough to have telephone numbers.

Could be wrong though

when have I ever created a thread which would require an answer from a local garage or roadside repair organisation?

"Hello, is that the AA? Yes, I was just wondering if you or any of your colleagues had an opinion on the track day training at Knockhill? What do you mean, what the fuck am I talking about? Surely half of your office has participated in such a thing..."

Once again, you try to be a wise motha fuck and fail because you a dumb motha fucka.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

my point is that if you want a bunch of people's opinions on a local service, feel free to post a thread. if you want a direct and straightforward answer about a local service which could be provided within seconds by phoning that service, fucking phone them.

Example 1.

"Does anybody know how late Rustico restaurant takes bookings on a Thursday evening?"

Wrong. Waste of bandwidth, potentially inaccurate answers. Fucking phone them and find out.

Example 2.

"Has anybody been to Rustico restaurant? I was thinking of going there with my girlfriend and wondered if it was any good"

Completely acceptable. A great way of getting people's collective opinions on a local product or service.

my point is that if you want a bunch of people's opinions on a local service, feel free to post a thread. if you want a direct and straightforward answer about a local service which could be provided within seconds by phoning that service, fucking phone them.

Example 1.

"Does anybody know how late Rustico restaurant takes bookings on a Thursday evening?"

Wrong. Waste of bandwidth, potentially inaccurate answers. Fucking phone them and find out.

Example 2.

"Has anybody been to Rustico restaurant? I was thinking of going there with my girlfriend and wondered if it was any good"

Completely acceptable. A great way of getting people's collective opinions on a local product or service.

It makes sense what you're saying...but it's an open message board and really, if people want to start a thread asking something which you think may be a waste then they can. It's general discussion.

Getting aggressive about it is a bit unnecessary and will probably just lead to people being aggressive back. Which doesn't get anyone anywhere. Except mass aggravation. Just...don't look at the thread? Then you don't have to be bothered by it, and other people who want to discuss things that may be pointless (and easier solved by a phone call) can do so if they wish.

You can't decide what people should post, it's not up to you. No offense meant or anything.

:popcorn:

why don't you fucking phone either one instead of asking strangers on a local website

Seriously, wise up. If you can't provide a constructive response to this guy's question then please don't bother posting at all.

when have I ever created a thread which would require an answer from a local garage or roadside repair organisation?

"Hello, is that the AA? Yes, I was just wondering if you or any of your colleagues had an opinion on the track day training at Knockhill? What do you mean, what the fuck am I talking about? Surely half of your office has participated in such a thing..."

Once again, you try to be a wise motha fuck and fail because you a dumb motha fucka.

Scotland's National Motor Sport Centre - Knockhill Racing Circuit

Google.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Seriously, wise up. If you can't provide a constructive response to this guy's question then please don't bother posting at all.

I am providing a constructive response, by encouraging him to speak directly to those in the know rather than look for the answer on a music forum.

Guest Neutral
I am providing a constructive response, by encouraging him to speak directly to those in the know rather than look for the answer on a music forum.

That was what people said to you when you asked a car question, we were just a bit less aggressive :love:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

you are not listening. i asked for people's opinion on a service. i didn't ask a question that could have been answered by the staff who provide this service. i'm not gonna sit here and argue over the internet about this if nobody's going to read what I have to say before arguing back.

you are not listening. i asked for people's opinion on a service. i didn't ask a question that could have been answered by the staff who provide this service. i'm not gonna sit here and argue over the internet about this if nobody's going to read what I have to say before arguing back.

That's understood. But the problem here is the over the top aggressive way you have of getting your point over. Do you talk to people like this in real life? If two old dears are talking on the bus do you tell them to 'shut the fuck up you fucking cretins"?

Just consider the way you post, that's all.

Who died and made you king of the internet?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Who died and made you king of the internet?

talk to me once you get a few more posts under your belt, I'm the king of aberdeen-music compared to a lowly post pauper like you