[GIG] Flatlands + 1864 In Art + more tbc @ Tunnels 2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest treader.

this gig was very good.

1864 in art - I enjoyed their set but for some reason, I expected more from them. I suppose I was searching for the fat, slow ISIS stuff and was just left a bit...disappointed. sorry guys!

Ablach - MUCH better than I thought they were going to be. I was still kinda half and half as to whether i was into what i was hearing but they played a great set. Bass tone was decent. Got myself a mini demo as well.

Flatlands - Spot on.

Kaddish - Probably (and unfortunately) one of the worst shows i've seen them play. mostly down to some people leaving and technical difficulties. But I guess that's just the way things go.

Really good night, I really liked Flatlands music although I wasn't too keen on the shouty vocals. Possibly because my old man eardrums were starting to collapse. Great whooshy guitar effects too.1864 in Art were tighter than a spandex jumpsuit, I wasn't sure what to make of Ablach, just not my thing I guess.

I enjoyed what I saw of Kaddish but I was in dire need of my bed by then.

this gig was very good.

1864 in art - I enjoyed their set but for some reason, I expected more from them. I suppose I was searching for the fat, slow ISIS stuff and was just left a bit...disappointed. sorry guys!

that's a shame. what made you think they were going to sound like isis? don't think anyones ever said that they would, pelican perhaps in a couple of songs. i think they've managed to avoid sounding too cliched though which is quite a feat with an instrumental band. it would be much easier to just rip off pelican or the long instrumental sections of isis. in saying that, i wasn't there so it may have been different from the moorings gig the other week.

sorry i missed this though, just too busy this week to make it out. bah.