aberdeen-music

[GIG] Flatlands + 1864 In Art + more tbc @ Tunnels 2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a feed off the sound desk and sync it up post-production?

Would you be filming all the bands or just Flatlands?

Thats what i thought, but i don't know how to do that.

Well definitely Flatlands. But i would quite like to get Ablach and Kaddish on film, as well as yourselves if you were up for it. I'll probably need a hand though: my arm will get tired.

Thats what i thought, but i don't know how to do that.

Well definitely Flatlands. But i would quite like to get Ablach and Kaddish on film, as well as yourselves if you were up for it. I'll probably need a hand though: my arm will get tired.

Don't see why we'd object to being filmed. A tripod might solve your arm tiredness issues...

I don't know much about filming so can't suggest ways to get the sound feed. I imagine it would involve either a line from the desk to the camera (potentially annoying if you plan to be filming close to the stage) or taking a sound recording from the desk (onto digital media / minidisc / dat or something) and mixing it with the video from the camera on a computer afterwards.

I'm sure someone with experience will give a better suggestion though.

If it's Scott handling the desk i'm sure he'd be happy to assist with the sound rec aspect, just bring along a minidisc recorder or something and a phono to stereo jack lead. We did this not so long ago in the tunnels and it came out ok.

You might also want to set up a seperate mic and recorder elsewhere in the room too as if set up correctly this can produce good results and captures the atmosphere of the gig, clapping and banter etc which wouldn't be picked up from the sound desk rec.

Then afterwards sync up the sound recs and your footage with some video editing software. I can perhaps help with this part if needed... Ablach would also be up for getting filmed, no problemo there.

I have the Kaddish/BOW359 split just sitting in my room, but my record player is being a madam. very sadenning. packaging is well smart too.

Does anybody have the earliest Kaddish material? I've got the stuff off the tour split, but not the cd-r before that.