aberdeen-music

Froghall Avenue

ChoPxSuey

that isnt cheap and you are being ripped off

froghall is fine though, as long as you keep youself to yourself and dont antagonise anyone you should be fine. i used to park my car / van there loads and never had any trouble. whereas king street got broken into twice, george street once, the orchard once, not to mention car getting fucked heaps of times in the other places.

student areas = easy target, ipods, laptops, dvd players, phones, money lying about, usually unlocked doors and windows

less nicer areas = thieves dinnae shit on their own doorstep that much, more chance of being caught / recognised

I seem to remember going to view a flat with my parentals about 2 and a half year ago in Froghall, my parents were picky as hell anyway so as soon as they saw the state of the cars on the street, dodgy junkie hanging about and the fact there was metal fences all round the back, they called up the owner and said they were stuck in traffic and couldn't make it ... I was glad cos I hadn't a clue what I wanted to do for accommodation the next year at uni anyway and was reluctant to give up my Sunday to view a flat I didn't really want in the first place. I know stay in Kincorth, I've had no trouble so far and lived here almost a year. Don't think there's many student lets about here tho as its not really a studenty area ... yet.

that isnt cheap and you are being ripped off

The market has changed mate, much less people can get mortgages so rental prices are shooting up *rubs hands with glee*. I've been told by letting agents that I'll get 650+ for my 2 bed flat (and that was before redecorating and fitting a new kitchen)

I think you're right about not shitting in their own nest though, everyone I know who stays in the council flats here has never had a problem.

Guest idol_wild
really? 600? bloomin heck.

The flat I stay in is quite small and is 750 per month for two bedrooms.

Mind you, it's slap bang in the city centre!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Reading this is like reading about some kind of bizarre parallel universe. My mortgage is 170 a month for a good sized one-bedroom flat and it's been steadily coming down by a few quid every few months.

Glad I bought when I did...

:up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Bargain!

Out of curiosity, when did you buy?

Aye well, it was back in 2002! The property market seemed to go skeppy immediately after that. The flat below me, exact same dimensions and all, was sold last year and the asking price was nearly triple what I paid for mine.

Aye well, it was back in 2002! The property market seemed to go skeppy immediately after that. The flat below me, exact same dimensions and all, was sold last year and the asking price was nearly triple what I paid for mine.

I bought mine 3 years ago and it's doubled in price. Good shit.

Rents are mental ... I used to rent up in Garthdee, the house wasn't impressive, we were 1000 a month for a 4 bed, that was back in 2006, when we all moved out, the rent went up to 1200. God knows what he's asking for it now but I'd defo say its not worth it. I'm now only 150 a month cos its a private rent to my parents, surprised they've not tried to whack it up tho hahaha!

The rental market in Aberdeen is a total joke: I finally got fed up of paying sky high rentals a couple of months ago, and just decided to retreat into the middle of nowhere for the next short while. No convenience, but more dough suits me fine just now anyway...