aberdeen-music

[GIG] Hot Club de Paris @ Cafe Drummond

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest treader.

i'd never seen copy haho before and i was very impressed. i also hadn't seen the little kicks until last night, and although they're clearly good at what they do, i just couldnt get into it. not my cup of tea, really. hot club were spot on though. nice.

Guest idol_wild

Tough crowd last night, I felt.

Copy Haho were an absolute treat. They have a full set of absolute killer tunes now - no filler whatsoever. In my humble opinion, the best unsigned band that I am aware of in Scotland.

Hot Club de Paris were pretty good. Bit of a one trick pony, though. I do, however, really admire how talented they are. Tight as a nun's chuff.

This was one of the best gigs I've been to this year, I am chuffed I managed to prize myself off of the couch and come down. I enjoyed all the bands, but Copy Haho stood out by a country mile. Without a doubt the best band in Aberdeen... Their new song put me in mind of late period Tripping Daisy, which can only be a good thing.

last night...

was ace..

liking the new seated area of drummondes. makes it a bit open and id imagine better for accoustic gigs too - slightly more intimate than previous booths.

seemed to be quite busy too which is great for a monday night,

our first song and half of the second were pretty horrendous because we had onstage sound problems (lewis bass kept dissapearing, couldnt hear vocals or keys) then suddenly it all balanced out and seemed fine from there on.

enjoyed playing tho all the same and i think it was a good reminder we need to tighten up before we play again next week (with glasvegas - hmm).

apparently it was the same for the ha ho boys onstage soundwise but you wouldnt know it - damn tight. Great set. i enjoyed the new song and thought as usual coalmine was storming.

thought hot club were good but i struggled to pay attention all the way through - hey housebrick and the last three songs / first ones grabbed me completely tho.

all in all a good night.

thanks to anyone who watched us and i apologise for seemingly berating the deen crowd for non response- it was meant in jest.

twas a tough crowd tho.

x

Guest idol_wild
thanks to anyone who watched us and i apologise for seemingly berating the deen crowd for non response- it was meant in jest.

twas a tough crowd tho.

x

I don't think anyone took it the wrong way to be honest, Haho and Hot Club hardly got a rousing response either - it seemed like just a few polite claps and an obligatory "whoop" or "yas min" from time to time.

I can't help but feel that if the gig was in The Tunnels it would have been utterly mental in comparison, even though the crowd would have had exactly the same constitution. There's something about Drummonds that makes it seem like nobody is bothered or listening.