aberdeen-music

Dr Drakes - A tall tale?

Lemonade

I guy that I used to work with told me a story once that I've always been a little dubious of. Perhaps someone might be able to tell me if it's true or if it's balls.

Back in about 2002 or 2003, this guy that I used to work with was like 17, and him and some of his school chums had formed a punk band in the Blink 182 vein. They had a gig in Drakes one night on like a Tuesday or a Wednesday and played to a virtually empty bar, about 4 people in total. At the end of their set an American guy who had been sitting at a table by himself came up and said he had enjoyed their set and had a brief chat with them about their band, before heading for the exit. Just before he left he introduced himself as Dweezil Zappa.

What are the odds of this being true? Does anyone from Drakes remember ever playing host to Dweezil Zappa?

I guy that I used to work with told me a story once that I've always been a little dubious of. Perhaps someone might be able to tell me if it's true or if it's balls.

Back in about 2002 or 2003, this guy that I used to work with was like 17, and him and some of his school chums had formed a punk band in the Blink 182 vein. They had a gig in Drakes one night on like a Tuesday or a Wednesday and played to a virtually empty bar, about 4 people in total. At the end of their set an American guy who had been sitting at a table by himself came up and said he had enjoyed their set and had a brief chat with them about their band, before heading for the exit. Just before he left he introduced himself as Dweezil Zappa.

What are the odds of this being true? Does anyone from Drakes remember ever playing host to Dweezil Zappa?

Nope...

Probably a drunken slurr from Tibetan Dave

Guest Neutral
That may not have been that big a challenge some nights..

some nights it was dire, wed start on a brand then it would run out so wed think next time and go to the moorings or metro