aberdeen-music

Batman - The Dark Knight

Aaron_Robertson

There are people who consider watching two animals beat each other unconscious to be entertainment; the fact you are being entertained does not invalidate any kind of examination of the social, cultural or moral implications of what it is that is giving you a hardon for <however much a cinema ticket costs these days>.

Too don't give a fuck and too looking forwarding to going to the cinema with my wife tomorrow (today) to watch a movie

There are people who consider watching two animals beat each other unconscious to be entertainment; the fact you are being entertained does not invalidate any kind of examination of the social, cultural or moral implications of what it is that is giving you a hardon for <however much a cinema ticket costs these days>.

It's just a superhero movie man. You take everything too seriously. Chillax, buddy.

Too don't give a fuck and too looking forwarding to going to the cinema with my wife tomorrow (today) to watch a movie

Tomorrow, thousands of mindless consumers will eat in burgerking/mcdonalds/subway/kfc etc because "its easy" "its convenient" and "they like it". They will shovel an unhealthy, tasteless and unethically produced amalgam of sugars, fats, carbohydrates and protein into their mouths, past their desensitised tastebuds which perhaps have never been exposed to anything other than this kind of filth, and they will *enjoy it*.

Many of these thoughtless, uncultured robots will then proceed to pay for cinema tickets and go and watch the new batman film, their experience augmented with even more mass produced unhealthy junk food. They will come out declaring it to be the best film they've ever seen, and bask in an existentially reassuring sense of one-ness with millions of other mindless philistines as they discuss the deeper parts of the film such as "did u see when he killed da bad dude, that was bare funny" and "yea did u check her tits in that catsuit man!".

The same thing will happen again and again and again for months on end as each of these tasteless, pointless chunks of entertainment protein get hyped, released, and exploited. Fair enough if you derive pleasure from eating (metaphorically speaking) shit, it's the way you act as if it's normal, as if there is an excuse for propping up these industries that degrade humanity to such an awful extent, that I find so offensive.

Tomorrow, thousands of mindless consumers will eat in burgerking/mcdonalds/subway/kfc etc because "its easy" "its convenient" and "they like it". They will shovel an unhealthy, tasteless and unethically produced amalgam of sugars, fats, carbohydrates and protein into their mouths, past their desensitised tastebuds which perhaps have never been exposed to anything other than this kind of filth, and they will *enjoy it*.

Many of these thoughtless, uncultured robots will then proceed to pay for cinema tickets and go and watch the new batman film, their experience augmented with even more mass produced unhealthy junk food. They will come out declaring it to be the best film they've ever seen, and bask in an existentially reassuring sense of one-ness with millions of other mindless philistines as they discuss the deeper parts of the film such as "did u see when he killed da bad dude, that was bare funny" and "yea did u check her tits in that catsuit man!".

The same thing will happen again and again and again for months on end as each of these tasteless, pointless chunks of entertainment protein get hyped, released, and exploited. Fair enough if you derive pleasure from eating (metaphorically speaking) shit, it's the way you act as if it's normal, as if there is an excuse for propping up these industries that degrade humanity to such an awful extent, that I find so offensive.

Ok, jeez. We'll just go ten pin bowling as usual then?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sorry, oh enlightened one!

Do you have any idea how much of an arrogant prick you can come across as sometimes?

o_O:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:o_O

..and you will be sitting on here, where you always are in the evenings. To have your life.

Will head along to see this at some point. Won't hit any fast food outlets before hand but may cave in to the peanut M&M's.

Guest idol_wild

I didn't read ANYTHING about this film, or even read any of this thread before last night.

Literally the only piece of propoganda I endured before going to see it was the trailer. Which looked immense.

The film was excellent.

I expected more people than just the usual Stripey to be contrary - in fact I was ready to criticise it. But it was absolute entertainment.

If it wasn't so expensive to go to the cinema then I would go for a repeat viewing this weekend.

I find you offensive.. Unsocial?

Away and boil your heid you depressing shitebag.

• Upvote 2

Guest idol_wild
You were at the same showing as me btw. I spied you from the shadows mwaha. Go again on a Wednesday and get someone with an Orange phone to go with you... then you split it and it's half price. Yay!

Are you batman?

I don't associate with people who own Orange phones.

Guest idol_wild
Although Orange are satan in their own way... you do get free cinema tickets, which is rather nice considering they're floating around the 7 mark now.

I know. 7. I was discussing how ludicrous that actually is after the film last night. You can frequently get DVDs for a fraction of that.

I wish I was Batman... I'd be so tough.

Not tough enough for a dog to pierce your skin though.

Thanks for negative rep Stripey, but the only pointless drivel in this thread is your same old shite you come away with.

I'm surprised you've not topped yourself yet.

If people enjoy the film then who are you to tell them otherwise. Cock.

I suppose you've never read george bernard shaws "three plays for puritans", the preface of which is a scathing indictment of shit theatre, that despite being written over 100 years ago can be applied perfectly well to the crud hollywood pumps out today in the cinemas.

but yeah anyway, obviously im a suicidial, intentionally contrarian cock because unlike people such as yourself I've got the audacity to give a fuck about culture, art and society and the temerity to develop an informed opinion that I can call my own which I'm not afraid to express.

I don't blame you though, it's much easier to just clap along with everyone else, especially when people will tell you kill yourself and call you a cock if you don't.

I hate to be the party pooper, but IN MY OPINION it wasn't as good as the previous film.

Ledger was great but underused, and plotwise it failed to deliver on several levels whilst in the vein of many recent superhero movies trying to do too much in its alloted time.

Enjoyable but messy and lacking suspense.

I hate to be the party pooper, but IN MY OPINION it wasn't as good as the previous film.

Ledger was great but underused, and plotwise it failed to deliver on several levels whilst in the vein of many recent superhero movies trying to do too much in its alloted time.

Enjoyable but messy and lacking suspense.

I'm kinda in a wee way in agreement with you. Really enjoyed it, and the Joker, has to be one of the best written, and acted, bad guys ever on screen. For all those that have read the numerous graphic novels that show the dark edge to the Joker then this was bang on the money. I couldn't help thinking from the mind set of my 11yr old lad, who I will no doubt take to see it this week, and how he is likely to get a little bored and confused and he's a bright lad! great movie though and I'm not really complaining and I feel will enjoy it more the 2nd time.