aberdeen-music

Batman - The Dark Knight

Aaron_Robertson

Oh right, I didn't realise when you said "back up your point of view" you meant "offer a capitulation which justifies your (alkalines) point of view."

So in that case, no, certainly not, I stand by everything I've said in this thread.

I haven't given a point of view on the film at all. We aren't justifying anything i've said. I'm just interested in your opinion. I'm not saying you're wrong and i'm right here, i just want to get a bit of an insight. But hey, if you aren't playing ball it's no skin off my nose. It just makes your point look flimsy.

hahah, I've just watched the film and frankly I was not surprised atall. It is a violent (I would not take a 12 year old kid to watch this and anyone who does ought to be ashamed of themselves as parents)

My son is 11 and I will be the judge of what I think he can watch and understand as pure fantasy and mere entertainment. An understanding he clearly has in spades more than you!

I am in no way ashamed and will not have a pretentious nonce like you tell me otherwise.

No reply needed!

I was driven to this response as the jumped up Daily Mail nature of his posts lately are tiresome and intellectually beneath anything we should rise to.

When is he moving?

My son is 11 and I will be the judge of what I think he can watch and understand as pure fantasy and mere entertainment. An understanding he clearly has in spades more than you!

I am in no way ashamed and will not have a pretentious nonce like you tell me otherwise.

No reply needed!

I was driven to this response as the jumped up Daily Mail nature of his posts lately are tiresome and intellectually beneath anything we should rise to.

When is he moving?

Yeah well if you think it's a good idea to let your 11 year old kid watch a film that glorifies violence, executions, crime and retribution as a form of entertainment, fair enough. Then again you yourself own a fucking playstation 3 innit, so god knows what kind of socially reprehensible values your kid is being indoctrinated with whilst in your care, when his dad spends his off hours playing GTA or some hideously violent FPS game.

Spare me the pious "how daer u" bullshit, if you "will be the judge" of what your son can watch and understand then maybe you should think a bit harder about what you expose him to.

Yeah well if you think it's a good idea to let your 11 year old kid watch a film that glorifies violence, executions, crime and retribution as a form of entertainment, fair enough. Then again you yourself own a fucking playstation 3 innit, so god knows what kind of socially reprehensible values your kid is being indoctrinated with whilst in your care, when his dad spends his off hours playing GTA or some hideously violent FPS game.

Spare me the pious "how daer u" bullshit, if you "will be the judge" of what your son can watch and understand then maybe you should think a bit harder about what you expose him to.

So you know all about me do you? You have an inside knowledge of the video games and consoles on which I allow my son to play games? You know all about the times I say no and also the things on which I deliberate deeply over knowing that his peers are playing or watching, yet I say no, and he respects me for it (eventually)? You have no idea about me ,or I assume, being a parent, judging and gauging a child's intellectual growth and understanding of the world around them, the daily and tricky moral dilemma's of being the parent! Do not make judgements on my, and others parenting, based on your skewed version of society you hypocrite. You have spouted numerous times in this forum about ,presumed, ill judged assumptions we (other than you) can be prone too yet you have succumbed to that which you say you detest. I know for a fact that my son probably would want to stick a fucking pencil in your eye you 'jumped better than everyone else twat'. But that is not the kind of behaviour or language we allow, or condone, in this house.

So you know all about me do you? You have an inside knowledge of the video games and consoles on which I allow my son to play games? You know all about the times I say no and also the things on which I deliberate deeply over knowing that his peers are playing or watching, yet I say no, and he respects me for it (eventually)? You have no idea about me ,or I assume, being a parent, judging and gauging a child's intellectual growth and understanding of the world around them, the daily and tricky moral dilemma's of being the parent! Do not make judgements on my, and others parenting, based on your skewed version of society you hypocrite. You have spouted numerous times in this forum about ,presumed, ill judged assumptions we (other and not you) can be prone too yet you have succumbed to that which you say you detest. I know for a fact that my son probably would want to stick a fucking pencil in your eye you 'jumped better than everyone else twat'. But that is not the kind of behaviour or language we allow, or condone, in this house.

As I said, I wouldn't dream of taking a child to see that violent, soul destroying trash - and the decent people I know who have kids of that age themselves wouldn't dream of it either. Maybe you just don't know any better yourself eh? Maybe if you didn't expose your kid to violent computer games and films like batman he wouldn't have the urge to "stick a fucking pencil" in someones eye. I guess that just comes from the wonderful family values you're passing onto him eh?

It is a good movie, very dark and it was great to see a film that took it's time to ripen. Ignoring the backdrop of the Batman setting, it was a good exploration of the mind set of a maniac. I don't understand why anyone would care so much that it isn't an arthouse movie. I also wouldn't use the fact that it is violent as a reason for it not being worth viewing. There are plenty of quality artistic movies that explore the violence of man, I don't see this as any different apart from the budget and special effects.

Some people have mentioned that they were disappointed with the introduction of two face at the end but I thought it inhanced the depths of the Joker's insane mentality and influence he had over people.

Those of us who live in the 21st century however are more used to watching films in 1/4 of the screen while carrying on with other activities, perhaps that goes some way to explaining why you still take cheap entertainment like this so seriously.

So now your admitting that you don't actually watch films, but just have them in the background while you do other things? o_O

Your petty arguments loose more credibility with every post. Hand over the spade son.

I turned into gutter trash and went to see this last night. What an uneducated, simpering moron I am.

Personally I thought it was great. Some of the acting was a bit patchy in places and batmans DEEEEEP voice cracks me up.

I thought the set pieces were very well done though and Ledger was awesome. Everyone has been raving about him and I was not convinced by all the praise, until I saw the film. Wonderful performance.

Ps, stripey is a fanny.

I turned into gutter trash and went to see this last night. What an uneducated, simpering moron I am.

Personally I thought it was great. Some of the acting was a bit patchy in places and batmans DEEEEEP voice cracks me up.

I thought the set pieces were very well done though and Ledger was awesome. Everyone has been raving about him and I was not convinced by all the praise, until I saw the film. Wonderful performance.

Ps, stripey is a fanny.

Yeah that gruff voice got on my nerves a bit too. He overdid it a bit.

er, you already said earlier in this thread that you were a regular reader of 2000ad when you were ten. hardly the fucking beano is it?

So now your admitting that you don't actually watch films, but just have them in the background while you do other things? o_O

Your petty arguments loose more credibility with every post. Hand over the spade son.

What's wrong with watching a film stickied in the top right hand 1/4 of the screen while you're working? How is that any different from listening to music in the background while you work, or while you're walking down the street with your ipod?

Try watching a de-interlaced DVD on big TFT monitor, you will quickly realise why watching such things in a window is a good idea.

er, you already said earlier in this thread that you were a regular reader of 2000ad when you were ten. hardly the fucking beano is it?

2000AD as a comic is a world apart from the way violence is depicted in this film - I hesitate to say "realistically depicted" because in the film, it isn't, it's sanitised violence that reduces murder to a casual inconsequential act.

Anyway compared to DC comics timid, patriotic, feelgood vigilante glorifying cheesy boring cliched american rubbish, 2000AD always was a darker and more subversive alternative, almost a polar opposite.