aberdeen-music

Batman - The Dark Knight

Aaron_Robertson

Definetly the greatest Batman film of all time.. and definetly one of the best films of all time..

If Heath Ledger wins an Oscar he bloody deserves it!

Whooop!

Been reading that the late Heath Ledgers performance is immense and sadly the crowning glory of his life/career.

Chris Nolan just keeps getting better...

Can't wait!

OMG WTF!

hollywood releases massively hyped film based on boring, played out 1940s comic book franchise in an attempt to squeeze every last fucking penny out of it in lieu of actually funding creative, original, interesting films, and millions of sheeple obligingly flock to the cinemas to pay to watch it.

nothing to see here folks, run along now but mind you don't step on the corpses of the tossers who went to see Ironman and died of coke and popcorn poisoning on your way out.

OMG WTF!

hollywood releases massively hyped film based on boring, played out 1940s comic book franchise in an attempt to squeeze every last fucking penny out of it in lieu of actually funding creative, original, interesting films, and millions of sheeple obligingly flock to the cinemas to pay to watch it.

nothing to see here folks, run along now but mind you don't step on the corpses of the tossers who went to see Ironman and died of coke and popcorn poisoning on your way out.

Oooooh, you are dark

Yeah I think its a bit of a catch 22 with Heath, he either doesn't win it, or he wins it but everyone puts it down to the fact he recently died, no matter how good his acting is.

Im looking forward to seeing this. I'm also interested to see Christian Bale, big fan of American Psycho etc.

i'm struggling to find flaw in the film. it was just fucking brilliant! from script, action, cinematography, pace, soundtrack, acting.....

and Heath Ledger is amazing. one of the best performances i've ever seen.

some people are saying it's the best film ever but thats mental. however, it is the best comic book film ever, hands down in my opinion. but even saying that doesn't seem right coz its so far removed from typical comic book films.

christ, i got sick of people saying how good it was coz i thought that it couldn't live up to the hype and i don't want to affect anybody else's film but..... make up your own minds

i'll definately go see it at least once more, if not twice. but then i am a bit of a Batman fanboy :love:

:bat:

OMG WTF!

Stripey in 'doesn't like the mainstream' shock. I presume you went to see it today since you seem to have formed an opinion on it?

Stripey in 'doesn't like the mainstream' shock. I presume you went to see it today since you seem to have formed an opinion on it?

Of course I haven't been to see it, it's not necessary to see these kind of films to know that they are artless lowbrow shite for the unthinking masses.

Of course I haven't been to see it, it's not necessary to see these kind of films to know that they are artless lowbrow shite for the unthinking masses.

But... you haven't seen it so can't be certain, right? Following that sort of blind advice would be pretty sheep-like methinks.

I'm going to the Belmont thing tomorrow night. Should be a chuckle.

• Upvote 1

But... you haven't seen it so can't be certain, right? Following that sort of blind advice would be pretty sheep-like methinks.

Ok, you've convinced me, perhaps this film will break from all tradition and not be a meaningless, moneyspinning, propagandistic, merchandise licensers wet dream full of vapid celebrity "actors" and tired, cliched plot devices. lol.

Ok, you've convinced me, perhaps this film will break from all tradition and not be a meaningless, moneyspinning, propagandistic, merchandise licensers wet dream full of vapid celebrity "actors" and tired, cliched plot devices. lol.

Come watch it with me. I'll buy you some M&Ms.

Excuse us for being, and happily choosing to be, entertained!

*annoyed at self for even remotely biting to this members vapid nonsense*

Maybe we could all start wagers on which thread will most entice said member to spout poop that we then, repeatedly, all find highly amusing.:up::laughing:

Excuse us for being, and happily choosing to be, entertained!

There are people who consider watching two animals beat each other unconscious to be entertainment; the fact you are being entertained does not invalidate any kind of examination of the social, cultural or moral implications of what it is that is giving you a hardon for <however much a cinema ticket costs these days>.