aberdeen-music

Pistol whipped: Lydon entourage's racially motivated assault on bloc party singer

Chris

I can trace my family tree back 500 years and not once has it appeared to go past northern Ireland, Scotland or england. That to me means something.

I can say with absolute certainty that one of your ancestors hails from outside the british isles.

Your views are literally ridiculous. Go and read the basic evolutionary facts about genetic heritage and then come back and cry about your misplaced, racist, patriotic ignorance.

• Upvote 1

Yup. I just wonder how many takes the have to do in the studio!

I had free tickets a couple of years ago at the AECC and the singing was indeed comical, although not as funny as Aziz Ibrahim being taken on stage as a special guest, as if he's some sort of guitar god.

Seriously high bam count as well.

Just finally got round to reading this:

Don't slag Aziz, the man IS a God ;) I mean come on he has played for Simply Red y'know...

Actually having had the pleasure of Aziz' company several times, he's a nice bloke and the lasers he puts on his fingers when he plays are pretty cool :p His solo albums meant to be pretty good too.

Cheers

Stuart

Just finally got round to reading this:

Don't slag Aziz, the man IS a God ;) I mean come on he has played for Simply Red y'know...

Actually having had the pleasure of Aziz' company several times, he's a nice bloke and the lasers he puts on his fingers when he plays are pretty cool :p His solo albums meant to be pretty good too.

Cheers

Stuart

Didn't slag him, just felt the "special guest" status afforded to him was over the top for someone who is, essentially, a session guitarist. The way he was introduced when he came onstage you'd have thought it was Jimmy Page or something, not some bloke whose career peaked when he worked in a universally derided Stone Roses line-up.

(Folks, don't take anything Jester says seriously, he believes that Word of Mouth by Mike and the Mechanics is the finest record ever recorded) ;)

Didn't slag him, just felt the "special guest" status afforded to him was over the top for someone who is, essentially, a session guitarist. The way he was introduced when he came onstage you'd have thought it was Jimmy Page or something, not some bloke whose career peaked when he worked in a universally derided Stone Roses line-up.

(Folks, don't take anything Jester says seriously, he believes that Word of Mouth by Mike and the Mechanics is the finest record ever recorded) ;)

I don't actually like Mike and the Mechanics :p and havent heard 'Word of Mouth'

Aziz, I'm guessing was the special guest as he was at least in the Stone Roses for a while, and anyway surely you'll find his career peaked when he played with Steve Hogarth of Marillion in the h band ;):love:

Cheers

Stuart

we all know jesters fave album ever is no jacket required by phil collins!

aziz was instrumental in helping brown get his solo career off the ground. poor bloke always gets slated for playing with simply red and asia but by his own admission he did it for (the rather good) cash. i got one of his solo albums and its a superb album, showcasing what a creative force he really is.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all about knowing the benefits system! I actually think it's pretty tricky. But perhaps I'm just too honest in my answers to their questions.

To get Jobseekers allowance (a mesly 47.95 per week) is quite tricky. A 45min phone call... that would cost a fortune on a mobile, then numerous more questions by letter. Then there's the whole signing on process. I only know this because I've applied for it. Everytime I go into the jobcentre it's a tad annoying that I am clearly trying to find a job, and have conditions to stick to, but I am completely aware that others who are in the jobcentre the same time as me, have absolutely no desire to get work, thus abusing the system.

Anyway, I know this is a bit off topic, but I suppose it's to show that benefits aren't as easily handed out as people think - well, not to me anyway! :laughing: