aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lemonade

Some minor issues with the new site

1 - The navigation menu on the home page is just a series of red crosses.

2 - Every time I close my browser window I get logged out and have to log back in again, which never used to happen.

3 - The "You have posted in this thread" icon is the same as the "Hot Thread" icon (except for a very slight difference in colour) and I can't see which threads I've posted in. Remember I moaned about the same thing last year and you fixed it? Could you put the little dots back in? http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/comments-suggestions/34489-icons.html

Other than that, it's all good :)

Minor issue #1 has already been noted and will be dealt with tonight by Neil.

Number 2 is a strange one. Hell I didn't even have to log in after the upgrade. Does it happen with other browsers or computers?

Number 2 - This shouldn't be happening and doesn't happen for me. My advice would be to log-out of the web site, close your browser, clear out any aberdeen-music related cookies from your browser and then log back in again. It might just be a funny after the upgrade that only affects specific people with specific browsers.

Number 3 - A fair point, I'll try and address this tonight as well.

Number 2 is a strange one. Hell I didn't even have to log in after the upgrade. Does it happen with other browsers or computers?

I've only got this one computer but it never used to do it before the upgrade, I used to stay logged in until I cleared my cookies.

Number 2 - This shouldn't be happening and doesn't happen for me. My advice would be to log-out of the web site, close your browser, clear out any aberdeen-music related cookies from your browser and then log back in again. It might just be a funny after the upgrade that only affects specific people with specific browsers.

I'll try clearing the cookies, though I do that every night when I leave my desk, and did last night, so they were cleared when I logged in this morning. Will report back. :love:

For your attention:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/web-site-announcements/50503-major-site-upgrade-3.html#post674904

Another very minor thing is that hyperlinks aren't underlined or anything any more. So it's hard to see when something is a link. See

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/sports/49674-2008-2009-season-thread-13.html#post675109

Gah, I just turned them off because people were complaining about them! I'll play around with the colour of the text so it is a little easier to see the difference.

Gah, I just turned them off because people were complaining about them! I'll play around with the colour of the text so it is a little easier to see the difference.

I thought they were doing it yesterday! Complaints or not underlining hyperlinks is hugely preferable to having them look the same as normal text.

I thought they were doing it yesterday! Complaints or not underlining hyperlinks is hugely preferable to having them look the same as normal text.

Agreed. I liked the red dotted underline. It made it obvious it was a link instead of just underlined text.

I liked the red dotted underline. .

No, red dotted underline's are bad. Makes me think everything's a spelling mistake. It's bad enough I can't seem to get firefox to stop using American English and telling me loads of correctly spelt words are wrong, without making hyperlinks look like they're wrong as well.

Still happening badly for me. Logged out between pages & whenever I try to reply (like now!) Cleared the cookies/changed settings etc but still no use.

log out and browse the website as a guest for a while. The try and make a post in a forum that requires you to log in again.

In the box there there should be a Remember Me part you can tick which will hopefully keep you logged in forever and ever.

log out and browse the website as a guest for a while. The try and make a post in a forum that requires you to log in again.

In the box there there should be a Remember Me part you can tick which will hopefully keep you logged in forever and ever.

OK, giving that a try now. :)

Okay, that's the "Remember Me?" checkbox back for the Internet Explorer users. Checking this on login to the web site should always keep you checked in until you move computers or clear your cookies out.

And that's the dots back for the thread icons that you've previously posted in.

I noticed that the number of posts I have hasn't increased even though I have posted a lot in the last few days.

Does it take a while to update or is this a problem?

I noticed that the number of posts I have hasn't increased even though I have posted a lot in the last few days.

Does it take a while to update or is this a problem?

You have posted a lot, but they have all been within the General Discussion Forum, including the sub-forums for Movies & TV, Gaming & Technology etc. Posts in these forums don't count towards your post count total. As far as I know this is still the same after the upgrade too.

You have posted a lot, but they have all been within the General Discussion Forum, including the sub-forums for Movies & TV, Gaming & Technology etc. Posts in these forums don't count towards your post count total. As far as I know this is still the same after the upgrade too.

Yeah i thought that may be the reason.

ach well never mind.

Cheers

any chance of getting the logo to appear next to the site name in the Tabs in FireFox? very very minor i know but i keep forgetting what it is whenever i see the 'blank page' icon.

any chance of getting the logo to appear next to the site name in the Tabs in FireFox? very very minor i know but i keep forgetting what it is whenever i see the 'blank page' icon.

Strange. I get the logo on my tabs in firefox.