aberdeen-music

Hyena + Okker + Arakan Yoma + Greater The Shadow @ The Tunnels

HYENA - myspace.com/hyenaband

Glaswegians Hyena return to Aberdeen for the first time after their triumphant 2 Days In Stereo event. Last year's "Itchy Legacy" e.p. has drawn comparisons to acts as diverse as Shellac, Black Flag, Sonic Youth, Unwound, Cpt. Beefheart and even early Biffy Clyro.

OKKER - myspace.com\okkero

Enigmatic Edinburgh four-piece who create a sound which wildly alternates between moments of brooding calm and jagged, raucous intensity. Sure to be enjoyed by fans of Slint, The Jesus Lizard, Don Caballero and U.S. Maple. They are soon to release their debut recording on Washington-based label Radio Is Down.

ARAKAN YOMA - myspace.com/arakanyoma

From Aberdeen via Larne, Northern Ireland, Arakan Yoma create atmospheric instrumentals reminiscient at times of Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Explosions In The Sky, Mission Of Burma and Pixies.

GREATER THE SHADOW - myspace.com\greatertheshadowmakemusic

Aberdeen band whose genre-defying music is hard to categorise, but clearly influenced by Mogwai, Isis and Boards of Canada, among many others.

THURSDAY 14th AUGUST

THE TUNNELS

8PM, 4 ENTRY

i met roger miller from mission of burma recently. he was a nice man but i lied to him. i said i enjoyed MoB's set when in fact i as rather disappointed. he was in the middle of telling me glasgow was his favourite city in the whole world to play when a girl who had lost her voice came and told me (quietly) i was beautiful. i then went off and watched les savy fav. true story.

Should be a good een!

Guest idol_wild
he was in the middle of telling me glasgow was his favourite city in the whole world to play when a girl who had lost her voice came and told me (quietly) i was beautiful.

She must have a Jew fetish.