aberdeen-music

Welcome to aberdeen-music v6.0!

Neil

it looks like the old site with darker blues, a dark grey border and a worse logo.

at 1680x1050 there is a huge empty space between the logo and the status/pm box on the right which looks really odd. It looks less legible with the darker blue titlebars/black underlined active links.

I'm sitting at 1680x1050 and it looks fine to me. Maybe it's just because the old logo was wider? Either way, it's not even something I had considered at being iffy until you had mentioned it.

EDIT: I do think the blue looks out of place against the new black. I think a similar colour scheme to the black would work well, or the possibility of different skins.

it looks like the old site with darker blues, a dark grey border and a worse logo.

at 1680x1050 there is a huge empty space between the logo and the status/pm box on the right which looks really odd. It looks less legible with the darker blue titlebars/black underlined active links.

Okay, some comments in reply to this and the other last few posts. Firstly, the new logo is much better than the last and I completely disagree with people who claim the old logo was better. I honestly don't understand how people can say that. I guess that's all subjective though.

Secondly, I run at 1680x1050 as well and can understand what you're saying. The original plan was to have the advertising banner in that "gap" but it then caused problems with people running at lower resolutions. So the ad banner was moved down (which also increases it's visibility) and the header will be left as is for now. As few people currently run at resolutions as high as 1680x1050, then I don't really see this as being a problem.

The colour scheme. Okay, this might change. The colour scheme that is currently being used is actually derived from the default vBulletin colour scheme - not the last skin. Personally I think black and blue go together fine, but I guess it would make sense to change this to make it black and grey. Although that might make the web site look rather colourless. I'll try this in the development environment and see how it looks. I'm pretty pissed off with the underlined links now, and so I think I might reverse that change as well.

There won't be multiple skins to choose from. The reason for this is that it increases the amount of changes I have to make to the web site exponentially. There is a lot of tweaking that goes on in the templates (and there still needs to be plenty more tweaking done) and if I have multiple skins then I have to make these same changes to all the skins. It's a nightmare. If we were running the default vBulletin skin then this would be less of a problem, but we aren't.

Hope some of that makes sense.

Guest treader.
Pro: New post button at the top, something I've been asking for for ages.

Con: The aesthetics. I really like the black look at the top of the page, and the logo. But to scroll down to the blue just looks wierd. Black and blue is an odd combination. Did you try black with grey?

I agree. It'd be better if it was grey and black i think. or even some mix of black grey and white!? i see what you mean about colourless though. and yet, i think it would be okay.

other than that, it's a nice jobbbbbbbbb neil. well done.