aberdeen-music

Welcome to aberdeen-music v6.0!

Neil

After some delay because of some external factors, v6.0 of aberdeen-music is now finally live. After nearly three days of downtime I hope at least some of you will think it was worth the wait!

There is still a lot of tweaking to be done on the new design and features. But all areas of the web site should be functioning, with the exception of the automatic addition of events posted in the Gigs & Events forum into the calendar. At present, if you want your event added to the calendar then you must add it to the calendar directly. I'm hoping to have this functionality back in place before long though and there will be a separate announcement once this has been done.

If you encounter any problems, nor matter how trivial or minor, please post them as either a reply to this thread or as a new thread in the following forum:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/technical-problems/

If you also have any questions regarding the new site and features then please also post here or in the forum above.

Thanks again for your patience everyone.

Guest idol_wild

I preferred the aesthetics of the previous interface.

Plus the logo is disgusting.

But hey, I'm sure it's going to prove to be more functional.

Hi Neil

Thanks for this extensive update. It looks and operates very well. You have done an amazing amount in a very short time.

If ever you need any PC parts like hard disks, memory etc just e-mail and I will be happy to supply FOC.

I hope the members appreciate and respect the service you are providing.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Looks pretty cool, but I presume there's a lot more to the update than just a facelift.

Small technical hitch (for me anyway)- the icons in the navigation menu on the left hand side of the homepage aren't showing up. Not that it's a big deal :up:

Looks pretty cool, but I presume there's a lot more to the update than just a facelift.

Small technical hitch (for me anyway)- the icons in the navigation menu on the left hand side of the homepage aren't showing up. Not that it's a big deal :up:

same issue for me

Can you please clarify exactly what icons you are referring to here?

The navigation menu on the home page. I'm not getting them at work.

I can't see any problem with the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the home page. Would someone be kind enough to take a screenshot of this problem and upload it to the Galleries for me to take a peak at?

Hmm, it appears that there's supposed to be an image beside each text link:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/images/webspeak/misc/navbits_dash.gif

But it's nae there. No red cross for me though, maybe because I'm using firefox.

Ah, see it now. That'll teach me for not testing the web site in IE properly. I'll fix this tonight when I get back home.

what's actually changed, new version of vbulletin and a reskin?

Yup. Although the new version of vBulletin brings in a few new features that aren't immediately obvious (see the post on vBulletin.com for more info on them). There is still a few things that are going to be added to the site over the next couple of weeks. Namely, a new front-end for the articles, some enhanced social networking elements and hopefully some calendar / forum integration enhancements.

Tough. :)

it looks like the old site with darker blues, a dark grey border and a worse logo.

at 1680x1050 there is a huge empty space between the logo and the status/pm box on the right which looks really odd. It looks less legible with the darker blue titlebars/black underlined active links.

Pro: New post button at the top, something I've been asking for for ages.

Con: The aesthetics. I really like the black look at the top of the page, and the logo. But to scroll down to the blue just looks wierd. Black and blue is an odd combination. Did you try black with grey?

Con: The aesthetics. I really like the black look at the top of the page, and the logo. But to scroll down to the blue just looks wierd. Black and blue is an odd combination. Did you try black with grey?

I agree with this, the blue doesn't look consistent with the black navigation for me. It's almost like the blue is just leftover from the old skin.