aberdeen-music

nineties bands

edwardgroat

I remember the name Addicted Angel but didnt know anything about anything until 2002...did they stick around for ages, or is it a reference from something?? I definitely remember that name.

That's it!! Backward fucks I think it was supposed to mean!!! I'm sure they had another name before that though!

Also Holloblast deserve a mention. Not only for being ace, but for having the coolest guitars on the scene at the time!!

I played drums for Hollowblast, good metal in the Pantera vein, Euan the guitarist is a lovely chap, still teaching out in the shire..

I remember the name Addicted Angel but didnt know anything about anything until 2002...did they stick around for ages, or is it a reference from something?? I definitely remember that name.

Nah, my school band, we did fuck all really.

So to sum up, Annie Lennox and the dude from The Shamen remain the only musicians of much note to hail from Aberdeen.

I'll argue all day that The Sutherland Brothers of Arms of Mary and Sailing fame deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. As The Shamen at least.

• 5 years later...

Just found an old photo of a band I used to be in (Bulb). We were definitely not boyband material, so won't attach!

I formed babydolphinkiller with some loons fae Ellon. We didn't get a record deal. Geneva/Coast did. The other Bulb guys became One God Universe.

Paul Fyfe (from Coast) still making music in Berlin/London. Andrew from Geneva still releasing albums. Don't know about the OGU guys. 

On 5 July 2011 at 3:23 PM, Monster Zero said:

So to sum up, Annie Lennox and the dude from The Shamen remain the only musicians of much note to hail from Aberdeen.

If Copy Haho deservedly get some recognition, they hail from glorious Stanehive!

Most of Nirvana and some of the The Melvins and Mudhoney come from Aberdeen.....

http://www.ranker.com/list/aberdeen-bands-and-musical-artists-from-here/reference

• Upvote 1

• 7 years later...